News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Different product prices for different countries - Help needed

Started by casper151, April 19, 2010, 14:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper151

Hi there.

My client wants to add 4 different prices for each product for 4 countries.

For example:

Product      SA        USA         UK          Europe
Product 1     95.00      138.00    132.50     120.00
Product 2     73.00      106.00    102.00     92.00

If the customer/visitor visits the site, the site must pickup from which country he is and adjust the price to that of his country (listed above).

If someone can help me with this one, I will appreciate it!

Thank you :)

mlipscomb

This is possible - it's actually based on what's called "The Big Mac Index".  There is an extension/add-on for this called Pricor:  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=6&sobi2Id=158&Itemid=2

richsung

The simplest way to do this would be to create different shopper groups and the client can then just add 4 different prices to each product. It should be this easy for this client. These prices would be based on the vendor currency, but from your description above, that seems to be what's needed.

Behind the scenes, there's going to be a lot of changes needed
- IP lookup so that unregistered users get to see the right prices
- Use country in the billing address to determine which shopper group they get added to
- If the vendor currency changes depending on the shopper group, then more changes are required
- One additional approach would be to change the store url at the web server level (e.g. europe.mystore.com) and then check the URL within Virtuemart when displaying prices.

Best of luck,

--Rich

Greg P

Did you have any luck with this? 

I'm in the same situation, and the extension suggested doesn't seem to exist in the VMED anymore.

laila55