News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Where Can I Add Text to Shipping Module Info?

Started by Mindtattoos, March 22, 2010, 17:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindtattoos

Hi
I want to add the text:
'Standard Delivery - Not suitable for large or fragile items'
To virtuemart shipping info during check-out... I can't find where to enter this text in the back-end and have no idea where to look, I have been through the components in both admin and the main directory but something that appears so simple eludes me... Anyone got any suggestions?  ???

Thanks

sagecircle

I am having the same issues - trying to find where in the PHP files I can insert some text to explain processes.

My clients do not find all the step to be obvious.  Trying to locate where the HTML is actually generated is difficult.

richsung

If you're using something like standard shipping, you can edit the "description" under Shipping>>Shipping Rates and that'll show up when checking out.

--Rich

blackhatbrigade

You'd need to be a little more specific on where during the checkout you want that to appear.  It will also depend on which shipping module you're trying to make it appear on.

Mindtattoos

Hi
Thanks for responding - I would ideally like the notice to appear anywhere in the shipping process that it gets noticed. But before payment and checkout. I am using the Standard shipping module with my own rates added.

I would also like to post a notice that delivery prices cover UK only and addtional costs will be applied to other EU countries...
is this possible? anuyone got any ideas where I should be looking?

thanks

Uriel

I am also looking for a solution to this..... Did you ever find something?
Managing Member of Hosting-Webdesign http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za