Author Topic: Need Credit Card fields to disappear from Virtuemart side of Checkout process  (Read 4057 times)

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

• Beginner
    • UniMatrix xSP
We noticed that a form requesting credit card number, etc. now appears BEFORE switching over to Authorize.net's site for processing.

How do we make this form go away?!?!?!?  It worked fantastically before when it simply went over to the authorize.net site before collecting CC numbers, etc.

It used to be that there was a choice between payment methods, but no data was collected via the Virtuecart portion of the process, other than shipping/billing info, etc.

Please help.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
It worked fantastically before when it simply went over to the authorize.net

"Before", which means what? Did you do an upgrade and now this isn't working? What does "before" mean? Thanks.

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

• Beginner
    • UniMatrix xSP
I'm not sure what "before" exactly was.  I assume it was before the last upgrade to the curent version, but since I do not go through my own checkout process, I'm not really sure.  I just know that there was no form on the Virtuecart side as of the last security audit by authorize.net.

But even without knowing the before...  shouldn't it be a setting I'm just not aware of which will make the form go away?

to be completely specific as to the form that I must make go away, here is the screenshot:

I am using the authorize.net payment module-- which otherwise works fine.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Seems to me you have a form based Auth.net setup, and now you have CreditCard or Use Payment Processor selected in your Auth.net VM setup.

If you are looking to pass checkout variables to Auth.net, then this is a HTML-Form based checkout as I understand it... in the words, like paypal, etc, you are sending them off your site to another HTML-Form to process payment, then redirect back to your site afterwards.

I recommend you checkout your backup settings before you did upgrade to see what is different, but likely that is the case, and you had some custom params in place. Just a guess.

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

• Beginner
    • UniMatrix xSP
Absolutely no custom parameters in place.  Just run of the mill/standard authorize.net settings. 

I don't get why this is so difficult.  The system never used to request CC data before handing off the order to authorize.net for processing.  The PayPal module requests no such data (and neither did the authorize.net module in the past)--Virtuecart simply hands off the relevant order data and lets the payment processor collect and be responsible for the data.

Or, are you trying to indicate that I was mistaken in the past and that this form is "normal behavior"?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I am not indicating that your normal behavior didn't exist. What I am indicating, is your auth.net settings were different.

Different in that the way you want to do Auth.net is not normal Auth.net setup. The way you want to do Auth.net is more of a "HTML-Form based" checkout.

You will see with ALL payment methods in VM, that they are 1 or 4 possibilities, (credit card, payment processor, bank debit, or HTML-Form based.)

In the case that you are looking to get, that is HTML-Form based, not Payment Processor or Credit card... in other words, you want to send you users away from your site for payment, then return.

Likely, you're NOW using Payment Processor, which requires a form on your site to pass variables to Auth.net and get authorization, without client ever leaving your site, which is not what you want.

So to me it sounds like you need to set up a HTML-Form based option for Auth.net. Checking your previous site backup would prove this.

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

• Beginner
    • UniMatrix xSP
I understand everything that you're saying and I appreciate the patient response and help.

The reason I am so frustrated is that we have not changed authorize.net settings since we built the cart some years ago.  The only thing that has "changed" with regard to Virtuecart is the upgrades to Joomla 1.5 and Virtuecart.

<sigh>

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
What VM version were you using previously... was it a 1.0.x? or a 1.1.x? "Years ago" makes me think you were running a very old version, and likely the move to form based for off site processing would have been made during this period, though not sure.

Anyone else have ideas?

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

• Beginner
    • UniMatrix xSP
I need this fixed immediately... is it Kosher for me to offer a bounty in this forum if someone can fix this for me?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Bounty is fine here... :)

Is there a good reason why you wouldn't just buy an SSL and have checkout on your site? It's very easy.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Ok... so doing a little research, because I figured there was a name for what I was trying to describe to you before:

VM is set up for AIM, not SIM. SIM is where you'd be redirected to their site for processing. Here is another guy with same problem.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=66469.0

Likewise, someone here has found a code solution it looks like, and it's a very recent post, so I would think following his link may be a cheap working solution. Maybe talk with the developer of that solution first to make sure.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40640.0

ronaldh

• Beginner
I need this fixed immediately... is it Kosher for me to offer a bounty in this forum if someone can fix this for me?

Try this option --> "HTML-Form based (e.g. PayPal)" in your payment method configuration, i don't know why but it worked for me...

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Makes sense. Likely Authorize module supports many types of Auth.net checkouts, and having a remote checkout would be HTML-Form based.

mcongosto2

• Beginner
I ended up buying this solution:

http://www.osdcs.com/index.php?option=com_digistore&task=show_product&pid=1242&catid=9&Itemid=11818

Works well, though a little odd in behavior.

Mod edit: Inflammatory comment removed.