News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

USPS Shipping Module v 4.2 installation problem

Started by kdclang, March 11, 2010, 15:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdclang

I tried to install the module and got the following message:
Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
I manually unpacked the zip file and there is no xml file. Just instructions, ini file and 2 php files.
Any advice would be appreciated.

h2oferko

unzip the file, and read the readme file, or follow the instructions from you downloaded the file from.
It says, that you have to copy it manually, via ftp to the server.

h2oferko

Copy over the new files into the "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping" directory.  These include 3 files:

uspsv4.cfg.php
uspsv4.php
uspsv4.ini

Now go into the VM Administrator and go to "Store -> Shipping Module List". If you previously had the USPS module installed, you should now see two USPS modules. The new version will have "4.0" in the version column and should not be active at this point. If this is the first time installing the USPS module there will only be the one module.

Click on "Configure Ship Method" under the "4.0" version and enter your configuration settings. Some of these like; username, server and path should be the same as your previous version.
NOTE: USPS password should be blank.
NOTE: You MUST use the USPS production server so ensure you have requested that USPS move your userid to their production server.

Once all setting have been selected click on the "Save" button to save your configuration.

Once the configuration settings have been saved enable the new USPS shipping method (and deactivate the old one if being used). See steps below for more information.

New Users:  To enable USPS shipping, follow these instructions:
1. Go into the Virtuemart backend
2. Click on Admin -> Configuration, now select the Shipping tab.
3. Click the USPS checkbox and click the save button. If multiple USPS shipping methods exist ensure the title says "The USPS Shipping module v4.0 supporting USPS API v3."

kdclang

OK, that helps a lot. This is a new installation. I was able to do "configure ship method" and then I went to Admin->Configuration and the shipping tab. All that was there was "The USPS Shipping module v4.2 supporting USPS API v3." which makes sense since that's what I just downloaded. However, when I test it with my checkout, when I get to shipping methods, there are none available. Nothing shows up at all. Any idea why? Did I miss a step?

h2oferko

yep, seems so
i guess you are registered with the usps
if so, go to the virtuemart component in the backend, select store, shipping module. Click on the USPS module, and punch in your user id and password