News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Need a variable price for a product

Started by JeffRozar, February 24, 2010, 21:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffRozar

I need to be able to add a product in Virtuemart that can have a user-input price. The product is for a maintenance contract, and varies per customer and per year. I want to be able to process this through Virtuemart.

Optionally, it would be great if I could just give the customer a link with the $ amount and that would display.

Anyone interested?

pieterkeuzenkamp

Hi I can do this for you, I already made a simular productpage for another customer you can see it live on www.tawel.net.

Let me know if you want it done!

Greetzz,

Pieter
Affordable webdesign, hosting and internet marketing with a personal touch.

dangdesigns

That is exactly what I need - sending an email to your yahoo address listed on profile.

dangdesigns

geraint

I figured this out and thought I'd post it here for the benefit of others who are looking for it.

1. I added an attribute to my product called "ManualPrice"
2. I added these 3 lines of code in ps_product.php at line 1910                 if ($this_key=="ManualPrice"){
                    $adjustment = floatval($this_value);
                }
just before                 if( isset( $product_attributes[$this_key]['values'][$this_value] )) {

Now when you enter a value in the ManualPrice field and add it to the cart it picks up the variable price.

kempfta

Very interested in a variable priced product too, I have gift cards I sell and can make them any value the customer wants. Will save me from creating a ton of set priced gift cards.

I tried the change you described, which version of Virtuemart did you modify? I am running 1.1.4. What did you price your product at initially $0.00?

Can you clarify how exactly u added the attribute "ManualPrice"?

celestialcitizen

Hi

You need to add the manual price as an attribute. (refer snapshot)

And then you will also have to modify the flypage to make it a textbox. (refer to second snapshot)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bmherard

This is great and very useful. Two questions though...

1. How did you make the "ManualPrice" a fillable textbox

2. Is it possible not to display "Price: $0.00"

celestialcitizen

u have to hack the browse page to get a text box.

Also mind you since you are asking users to enter a price you have to do validation to see to that only numeric values are added

bmherard

Quoteu have to hack the browse page to get a text box.

Also mind you since you are asking users to enter a price you have to do validation to see to that only numeric values are added

I'm very new to VirtueMart...how is this hack accomplished?

MagnumKYO

After reading above posts i managed to make a text box of manual price in product. but cant add it in cart. after reading i knew that modify flypage to get add cart button in manual price. my question and problem s that how can i modify flypage so i can have add to cart button on manual price box. Thanx and waiting passionately cuz really stuck on it.

MagnumKYO

gost

I able to do this  for you at very low  rate.you just PM me for this if you want any help in this regard.
Who is who and what is what

voodoorhino

I have the box and the settings above, but for some reason it won't allow manual input.
Anyone have full code and files to modify?

Thijmen1992

Anyone got this working? I only get a dropdown :(