News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Data collection for SMS offers

Started by craigieb, February 03, 2010, 13:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigieb

Hi

I have a client who wishes to integrate sms offers into his marketing campaign. Now I am aware that I can add a mobile phone field easily to the billing section of Virtue-mart however I have a couple of questions regarding its implementation - namely as follows:-

1. When a customer is filling out their details is it possible to have a check box under the phone number field where by if they check the box they are consenting to receiving offers?

2. The current VM setup provides a info icon next to a billing field and if you hover over it a help message is shown. Could the help message be constantly shown above the field instead?

3. The SMS provider is TXTLocal - they provide a simple php api for injecting customer details into your txt local account. Is it possible to paste this type of code into virtue-mart so as the data is inserted it will be sent straight to TXT Local? If so then how work would be involved? I think it would be easier to simple export a spreadsheet from CSV improved and upload them that way but would just like a second opinion.

That;s everything - thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Craig
Leeds eCommerce.Contact BC Media