Author Topic: Extremely Urgent, Losing Sales!  (Read 9569 times)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Re: Extremely Urgent, Losing Sales!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 20:50:17 pm »
are you saying the addresses and all are correct in the database?

Permissions I mean, when you go to

List Modules
List Functions etc.

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 20:54:07 pm »
Yes, addresses are correct in the database. As for permissions, no I haven't done anything with those.

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 21:40:36 pm »
Sorry to say this, but if you are losing sales and this is urgent, in my opinion you would be better off paying someone to look into this for you.
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 21:59:31 pm »
do you have your store address format like this?

You didnt change it right?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 22:20:51 pm »
This is what it currently is:

{storename}
{address_1}
{address_2}
{city}, {zip}

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 22:30:27 pm »
I am definitely getting double orders on the back end. I re-registered, so it appears as if my name changed for the billing info.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 16:59:36 pm »
Y dont you export the database, and search for the text that gets put into the billing info

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 17:40:42 pm »
First off, I appreciate everything you've helped me with this far!

I did that and there doesn't seem to be any issues. I guess I am just going to rebuild my site. I am exporting all of my products directly out of the database. If I want to export users, can I just export joomla users and not virtuemart users?

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 19:28:16 pm »
I believe I found the issue in jos_core_acl_aro. It's not matching up after a certain entry. So I played around with deleting all the users in this section of the DB, as well as jos_users and vm_user_info (locally). When I create a new user, it still doesn't start out at the right id in jos_core_acl_aro. I have to somehow change the id's to match upon every new entry.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 20:27:30 pm »
Try creating manual entries (mysql/phpmyadmin) in the table that has a lower id, until that id matches the highest id in your other table. This way the next user created will create an equal id in both tables.

ScreenersChoice

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 22:00:25 pm »
Wow, what a chore! I simply say thanks!!!!!

In the end, I had to edit mutiple areas in the DB. From Joomla users, to VM users. I deleted anyone that conflicted after a certain point. It gave me an idea of when it happened. I also had to go into the jos_core_acl_aro and do the same thing as well as the VM orders, history, etc, etc. Everything had to be deleted that conflicted.

I then made sure I exported my registered users after that point. Then I extracted the emails from the file and sent out an email to about 39 new users. So it wasn't so bad, but it makes me wonder how many people stopped using my site because of this. Apparently, it all happened about Sept. of last year.

I think the problem was, I exported and did some changes and someone must have registered to the site before I was able to change everything. It was a mess for sure, but at least it gives an opportunity for the people I had to delete to know they can once again register and this time with no complications.

Thanks again for your guy's help. I would have hired someone, but it would've taken someone who knew VM and the DB otherwise they may have spent just as much if not more time than myself. Now it's functioning the way it's supposed to be!

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 07:06:25 am »
Well, in any manner, you got it working right, and that is the important thing. Congrats!