Author Topic: Purchase Order Confirmation email sent only after successful payment? Paypal  (Read 8104 times)

Zippy Galoo

• Beginner
I'm using Paypal as the payment method on my site. I need the confirmation email to go our only after a payment has been successful.  I've search and found some topics, but no solution without massive, crazy code modifications.

Does anyone have a solution for making the Purchase Order Confirmation emails send only AFTER the payment has been successful?
Joomla v1.5.25
Virtuemart v2.0.2

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
G'day,

At a guess you have set the system to send download ID when the order is pending, it should be 'confirmed', so when PayPal send the OK, I've paid, the order status goes to confirmed which triggers the download ID email
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

ovni3000

• Beginner
Dear Stinga,

I have the same problem.

Where do I set the system to send download ID only when the order is 'confirmed'?

I can't find where I can change this setting.

Best regards

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this true? (cited from http://www.b-planet.com/fr/VirtueMart/patch-virtuemart-paypal.html )

"Transaction confirmation confusion
Many shop owners have been confronted with confused clients because of VirtueMart's checkout process while using HTML-Form based payment methods. As of today, a client going through the checkout process receives a transaction confirmation before he even opened his wallet. This generates much confusion and hesitation to the clients being responsible for many hours of additional support for the web site owner.

The early confirmation of the transaction has further implications: sending notification to the shop owner, clearing the clients cart and reducing the stocks amount available for the shop. All this for clients that might never pay a cent to the shop....

Patch solution
This Patch changes the checkout process for HTML-Form based payment methods in order to wait on the confirmation from the payment gateway (IPN) before saving the transaction to the database and sending the confirmation emails [...]"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BrookyGray

• Beginner
It seems as though a solution to your problem could be to use a software system that fully integrates with PayPal. Mailware downloads your purchase order transaction from PayPal and can send email notification. Best of luck to you.

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
G'day,

I think I might have misread your OP.
This is a long standing issue with VM. If you look at what is sent, it is 'Purchase Order' not an invoice.
There are posts hare and on the web on how to change the process so that the customer is emailed the 'Invoice' after the payment has been made.
I think this should the correct way it is setup, but I can see big companies wanting this, I.E. when you need to get a quote.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

adgideon

• Beginner
Stinga,

Can you provide the links to make this change.  I have the same issue.

Thanks

Allyson

lutherblissett

• Beginner
As many, I have the same issue.

I have read another post where they suggest to use this patch:
http://www.b-planet.com/VirtueMart/paypal-patch.html

but unfortunately I am not using Paypal..