Author Topic: [solved] Virtuemart suddenly can't send emails  (Read 3278 times)

df9517

• Beginner
[solved] Virtuemart suddenly can't send emails
« on: January 18, 2010, 16:56:33 pm »
Automatic emails as well as manual status updates where perfectly sent out to customers previously. Now I just get a warning as follows:

Warning: Can not send message to Daniel Andersson, df9517@gmail.com ()

What I did was as follows:
1) Tried the pdf function. Pdf function complained at my company logo being .png
2) Changed company loggo to a .jpg picture
3) Tried the pdf function which now worked perfectly.
4) And when I now try to send order updates by email it doesn't work. (sending other emails from Joomla works well)

I believe it has to do with the company logo in some way but I have no clue how to fix it. Changed back to different logos without success.

Please help if you know this.

Sollution:
It had nothing to do with the logotypes (of course). It was the host who decided to turn off safe mode without telling about it. I am not sure how it changed emails in vurtuemart only but perhaps it has something to do with who is in "from" field.

I changed global settings to:

SMTP-server and without autentication and to a special smtp server I got from the support and then it worked. Even though i chose smtp server the supprot said this is actually php.

Anyway, now mail works from both Joomla and Virtuemart even though I can really not understand all of it.

magnusd

• Beginner
Re: Virtuemart suddenly can't send emails
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 21:21:00 pm »
SMTP-server and without autentication and to a special smtp server I got from the support and then it worked. Even though i chose smtp server the supprot said this is actually php.

Who is your host? What SMTP did you get?

I have the same problem. i have had Safe mode turned off all the time and it has allways worked. Please help. I work with a shop in an old version of Joomla and VM and uppgrading is not as simple.

Any Sugestions?