Author Topic: HACK: AutoGen Metadata Metatag. Product, Category. Title, Description, Keywords  (Read 403197 times)

Rookie232

I am sure this is a simple question. I am running VM 1.1.7 in Joomla 1.5.15. Which download is correct for my environment? Read through but do not see any guidance

Rookie232

I am sure this is a simple question. I am running VM 1.1.7 in Joomla 1.5.15. Which download is correct for my environment? Read through but do not see any guidance

flahsfinder

• Beginner
VM 1.1.6 Joomla! 1.5.22
For Categories - HACK works.
For the Products - is not works, i.e. does not Save the made changes. If handles to bring in Database - all OK.
Help to correct.
Thanks.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
flash, are you saying it does NOT save to database?

flahsfinder

• Beginner
BanquetTables.pro
HACK For the Products - does NOT save to database!
(For Categories - save to database)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
did you run the sql file?

Margaret

what about SEF URLs like here http://www.artio.net/e-shop/joomsef/joomsef-bundles/virtuemart-seo-bundle-joomsef-3-virtuemart-extension?gclid=CMqG096Yl6kCFQod4Qodrz9KtQ?
Is this feature supported or it will be avaliable in the future?
is this hack compatible with this extension? (meta data from this hack and sef url from the extension)
how i can access admin panel metadata tab?

flahsfinder

• Beginner
BanquetTables.pro

Yes! I run the sql file!
For Categories - save to database!
For the Products - does NOT save to database! If handles to bring in Database - all OK.

What does this text mean?
subject` char(1) NULL default 'N'
no_email_collection` char(1) NULL default 'N'

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
i have no idea what that means

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
@flahsfinder: Please see this previous dialogue. I bet your sql table entry does not have an mid set to "1". Not sure why, but this seems to happen for a few folks from time to time.
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=65697.msg220321#msg220321

@Margaret: yes, this will work with SEF extensions, as long as you turn off the metadata section of the sef extension. This hack hs nothing to do with SEF, but some SEF programs have metadata capacities which may overwrite my hack's output.

@Rookie232: I have not updated the hack for 1.17, but you can easily take my hack additions and alterations for the latest version I offer, and move over to the 1.17 core files. Everything is clearly commented.

flahsfinder

• Beginner
Forrest
I see this previous dialogue. All 27 pages.
sql table entry have an mid set to "1".

For Categories - save to database! HACK Works.
For the Products - does NOT save to database! If handles to bring in Database - all OK. (HACK Does not work.)

Joomla 1.5.22 + SEO Patch

Sorry for my English.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I am just not following you to well flashfinder. I understand that the hack is not working for products... and is not saving to the database. The mid issue is the only thing that has been brought to my attention as an issue in this regard.

hancro

• Beginner
Thanks for an excellent mod. I saw that people were looking for microformat meta tags (e.g. requested by Facebook), so I added some quick and dirty (I did not bother to include any settings opportunities, you have to edit the fb-id before using it) rows that solves this to  shop.product_details.php, right below the end of the original hack (about line 565):

Code: [Select]
/* BEGIN HACK FB METADATA FOR PRODUCT DETAILS PAGE */
function MetaProp($name, $content){
$return = '<meta property="'.strtolower($name).'" content="'.$content.'" />';
return $return;
}
$product_full_image = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/'.$db_product->f("product_full_image");
$product_store_url = $sess->url( URL.'index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id='.$product_id, true );
$document->addCustomTag( '<!-- BOF FB tags. -->' );
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("og:title",$product_name));          # product name
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("og:type","product"));               # hard coded "product"
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("og:url",$product_store_url));       # full product detail page url
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("og:image",$product_full_image));    # full product image url
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("og:site_name",$vendor_store_name)); # store name
$document->addCustomTag(MetaProp("fb:admins","7007007007"));          # your stores (or your own) fb-id goes here
$document->addCustomTag( '<!-- EOF FB tags. -->' );
/* END HACK FB METADATA FOR PRODUCT DETAILS PAGE */

Thanks again :-)

mbit

is there a way to make this hack work for manufacturers so we can add specific meta descriptions for each one ? avoiding duplicates meta descriptions?

mbit

is there a way to make this hack work for manufacturers so we can add specific meta descriptions for each one ? avoiding duplicates meta descriptions?

no hacks/suggestions?