Author Topic: HACK: AutoGen Metadata Metatag. Product, Category. Title, Description, Keywords  (Read 409042 times)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Well, I have not looked that that code. I'm sure much of what I have done could be ported into the manufactures code... but it would up to you to figure that one out.

nuller-joe

• Beginner
Could somebody re-upload mr. huge files for 1.1.5?

mrhuge

• Beginner
Here, take this.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
For those that need to use canonical urls for your category childlist here is the code.

categoryChildlist.tpl

if( empty( $categories )) {
   return; // Do nothing, if there are no child categories!
}
?>
<ul class="inlinecats"><li><strong>Related Categories-></strong></li>
<?php
foreach( $categories as $category ) {
   ?>
   <li>
         <a title="<?php echo $category["category_title"] ?>" href="<?php echo $category["category_canonical"] ?>">
         <?php
         echo $category["category_name"];
         ?>
       </a>
   </li>

<?php

}
?>
</ul>

EDIT: i think I had to add category_title, and category_canonical to a select from query file. JUST cant rememeber which one.

mbit

i have an problem using this hack. the description of each products it generates automatically an  abstract i dont like.
adds products name at the begging of the description and product category at the end of it.
any way to

Append Category Name ONLY to the end Title and not to description?
+ do not append product name at the begging of description?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
mbit, just take a look a t my code. It's not cryptic I do not think. It should be pretty easy to make adjustments as desired.

mbit

i tried editing some of the code..

as far as that concern the name of the category at the end of the meta-description, i found out that if i change the line
$document->setMetaData('description', str_replace('"', '', strip_tags($db_product->f("product_metadesc").' - '.$get_category)));
with
$document->setMetaData('description', str_replace('"', '', strip_tags($db_product->f("product_metadesc"))));
at file shop.product_details.php , the category name at the end of meta-description gets away..

about the product-name at the begging of the meta-description, this is being saved and its not a parameter like above.
is there a way to clear all the product meta-descriptions and rewrite them without the the product name at the begging?? or i should do this one by one?

palq4o

• Beginner
Hi there,
the hack is great and thanks for making it ! ;)
So my problem is with joomfish and autogen metatags working together.
In my default language all is working fine.
I have the joomfish vm_product and vm-category contentelement files updated so i can input data when i translate and it looks like it goes to the DB but then when i change the language of the site to my second language the metatags are still in my default language.
Any ideas ?

Well i just found out that the problem is only with the titles - does not matter is it a product or category the title stays in my defaul language.
i am using - Joomla 1.5.23 + Virtuemart 1.1.9 and Joomfish 2.1.7

Here is a link to my working area so you can see it yourself ;) - http://shopeee.com/rentex/

thanks in advance for your help ;)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I think a small edit in my code to stop from pulling the title from the product name + metadata hack settings/params, and instead pull from Joomfish would help. The hack was not designed for multi-language joomfish add-on, and I am unfamiliar with Joomfish.

thanoss43

• Beginner
Hello,

Thanks for your hack, it works great, I have been using it for the past 2 months.

Recently my hosting company complained about high CPU usage, so I have been trying to figure out what is causing the problem.
I have been checking my components and modules, but today I thought about this hack.

Do you think the hack may affect the CPU usage of my site? I believe that it consumes much less CPU than components such as SEF404 etc...

What do you think?

Thanks!

aricak

• Beginner
Hello, I have to say in advance that this hack is really great! Hack has a cosmetic problem that prevents operation of a multilingual website. Please advise how rozchodím multilingual web with this hack? I've come so far that I translate a single title, matatag and description that are the products, but the general text that is added as it remains in default language. Please how can it fix? Thanks with best regards

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+

Do you think the hack may affect the CPU usage of my site? I believe that it consumes much less CPU than components such as SEF404

Not at all.

SEF404 definitely does.

ALSO: having dynamic thumbnails ON uses quite a bit of cpu.

ruben-sp

Hi, thanks for this great hack, however i cant get nice meta keywords as the hack just one after another with no coma nor space between them.

Any idea why is that happening?

thx in advance!

thanoss43

• Beginner
Thank you Banquet for your answer!

I have disabled dynamic thumbs. I have read your suggestion in another thread. Thanks.

Ruben-sp, I don't understand your question, but in case it helps, I think that keywords need to be comma separated.

keyord1, keyword2, this is a phrase , etc....

ruben-sp

thanks for your reply thanos43, the problem is that the hack doesn't insert comas in some keywords and they (the keywords) all come together