News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!.

Started by sun0632, January 07, 2010, 02:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sun0632

my joomla use 1.5.15 version, when i install 1.1.4 virtuemart. it showed that:

Your Extension appears to be written for an older version of Joomla!. You must enable the System - Legacy Plugin in the Plugin Manager if you wish to complete this task. "
why? does the 1.1.4 compatible the 1.5.15?
cable cutter,wire stripper,www.blf-tools.com

alain_bn

I have had the same issue when installing VM1.1.4 on J1.5.15.

I have legacy enabled but the buttons, such as '+' '-' on add to cart and the 'return shopping' and 'checkout' do not show.

This original post wa in Jan, has there been any solution found?

Thanks,

Alain

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 1.1.x does not need legacy to be published in Joomla 1.5 - as long as the correct VM fileset is being used.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alain_bn

Jenkin,
I downloaded the complete package of 1.1.14. I assume this is the fileset you are refering to.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. twice using the automatic and once the manual install package.
Joomla still indicates that it needs legacy mode and does not run until published.
Additionally, the first sign of an issue is that the opening VM control panel in Extended layout does not appear correctly. Only after activating the simple layout and returning to extended does it refresh and appear as it should.

The host service is provided by justhost.com

Cheers,
Alain