Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 322127 times)

Ginius

• Beginner
First of all, I must say, the module is working well and almost as expected.

I found one issue, and I'm not able to see where the issue exist.

Is a ' is added in the category, it;s placed in the database as \'

The normal product tree is converting it correctly, buy the mod_vm_cat_menu_specific not.

In the attachment you can see what I mean. The top menu is the standard of VM the on below (much nicer) is for mod_vm_cat_menu_specific

Please help me solve this issue.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
[UPDATE] 03-12-2010 -> download v1.6 (this should be the last update for a bit)
  • Fix: \' Characters appearing where only ' should appear
  • Fix: Array issue when Hiding Categories
  • Fix: Array issue when Hiding Products
  • Fix: item # incrementation
  • Files modified: all mod files modified

Download update on first post of this tread.

freeman88

• Beginner
hi2all

This module is really great!! But when i set error_reporting(E_ALL), i become to many notices, for example:

Notice: Undefined variable: sort_category in Zend\Apache2\htdocs\example.com\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php  on line 129

Undefined variable: parent_active_state in Zend\Apache2\htdocs\example.com\modules\mod_vm_cat_menu_specific\class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php  on line 154

charvel

• Beginner
Hi Forrest
Great module! I spent hours trying to find something that would do this, so thanks for saving me my hair!

I have one minor issue where I view a product flypage, the menu collapses, meaning the visitor would have to start navigating through all menu options to get back to the level they were at before selecting to view a product.  Is there a way around this?

thanks

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Ya, I thought I fixed this.

What version are you using?
And can you PM me a screenshot of your mod settings + web URL?

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
[UPDATE] 03-15-2010 -> download v1.7 (this really should be the last update for a bit!)
  • Fix: Category id value not passing to product links (prevented menu from expanding to current level when product was clicked)
  • Fix: Minor css variable fix with item#s
  • Files modified: class.vm_cat_menu_specific.php

See first post of this thread for download.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Charvel, fix noted above will fix your issue. Download v1.7 from fist post of this thread. And thanks for posting issue.

charvel

• Beginner
Excellent work Forrest!
Sorry I didnt respond with my details, have been away for a couple of days.

Thanks again

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
My pleasure :)

twosasha818

• Beginner
I just wanted to say thank you. GREAT STUFF. PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
I am using both of your mods. This one and the meta tags.

I read in a earlier thread that you said I can incorporate the styling and drop down.
Where would I past the code?

Thank you.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Well styling is just using your CSS! That is found in your template css sheet. If you don;t know css, I suggest you do some research on Google, as there are many good tutorials!

Dropdown can be achieved via css, but if you want a smooth dropdown, you would have to consider a js inclusion as well. Frankly, if CSS is not your strong point, you may unfortunately want to consider a pre-fab downdown menu instead of my menu mod, or make a post on Commercial Projects VM board.

twosasha818

• Beginner
Once again thanks for your Mods. They are great.
Thank for the advice. I will build it now with your mod and then may be invest into a custom mod or just get that css down and fix it my self.

One more question. I noticed before that you were using router.php for your store.
Have you found a breadcrumb fix. I really want to get that fixed. I looked everywhere, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Thanks for compliments.
What's the breadcrumb issue you have?

twosasha818

• Beginner
When breadcrumbs are enabled they don't get rerouted and they get page not found error.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
In  administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_product_category.php

$item->link = $sess->url( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . "?page=shop.browse&category_id=$category[category_id]", true, false );

TO:
$item->link = $sess->url( URL.'index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id='.$category['category_id'] );