Author Topic: New Products & Categories Menu - J! Style, Suffix, Itemid, SSL, Cat Start, Hide  (Read 343120 times)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
I already know what your problem is. You need to identify what your Master Itemid is. I can tell you it is the Register link. This means you need to rename that link to Store or Shop in your J! menu, and create a make a new link for your register. Once you do this, this will be your outcome for most all VM pages:

www.mydomain.com/shop.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=6

UPDATE: I just went ahead and fixed this for you. You can move forward with any menu module you want now.

CreativeDesigns

• Creative Designs Studio
  • Skype Name: creative.designs.za
Forrest, you are AMAZING! Have just donated some money :) I know it's not a lot, but I just wanted to say thanks :)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Thanks Creative Designs!  Very generous of you. Where are the other people in the world like you? :D

CreativeDesigns

• Creative Designs Studio
  • Skype Name: creative.designs.za
Haha.. I believe that people should be "rewarded" for the help they give. Even if it's only a little bit.
Either way, you will get a load of really good karma coming your way thanks to all the help you give those around you!

Most people would sell the modifications you've made - but instead, you help people to improve what they have already got, and if they encounter problems, you help them with a smile on your face. Good Karma is coming your way my friend :)

Thanks again. I wish there were more people like YOU in the world :)

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
LOL. Your sweet.

Bremzy

• Beginner
Hi Forrest.

You did very good work with this hack.
Everything works great until it turn on sh404Sef component. Then he shows product into the wrong categories. Can you help me?

Regards Bremzy

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Sorry, I don't know much about sh404Sef. PM a link to the site so I can have a look at least tho.

panbonian

• Beginner
Please check my website
http://www3.pandasci.com

why the submenu showing on the top of the screen? I like it shows on the right side of the parent.
Thank you.

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Just adjust your css for the flyout menu in the included css file.

LeonaMonn

• Beginner
Great content and very helpful thank and keep up the good work.

vr111

• Beginner
Have you solved this problame " [I changed to use Flyout. Now my categories pop up but goes under my browse page... So there is showing only small piece of that category. [/b] 

I have the same issue http://www.powersportsrider.co.za

Forrest

• Me and my baby
    • Web Developer
Have you solved this problame " [I changed to use Flyout. Now my categories pop up but goes under my browse page... So there is showing only small piece of that category. [/b] 

I have the same issue http://www.powersportsrider.co.za

Use css "Z-index" to put the wrapping flyout div and inner items above your browse page.

vr111

• Beginner
I am missing something -  Div Fly out set
.flyout {
    background: url("../images/bg_blue_flyout.gif") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F9FDFF;
    border-color: #0092DB;
    border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-width: 1px;
    color: white;
    float: left;
    left: 180px;
    overflow: visible;
    padding: 10px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 750px;
    z-index: 3000000000000000;

Set mid Col also to z-index:1; 

No matter how I adjust the z-index -  I cannot find the one that sets flyout above the main col   ?

vr111

• Beginner
I changed the left column to  width=450 -  And now the flyout works  - I then had to set the headers and tables to 171px to compensate for the column width change -   Fly out now works better - 

toonztudio

• Beginner
hi everyone,

i really love this module. it's help me a lot.
but now i found some problem and cannot fix this yet. if you guys can explain me, i'm very thank you.

First i assigned main menu like this,

Home, How to order, About us are link to joomla page.
Shop is link to Virturemart module (menu item id is 38 and not select category for this)
Kits & Gifts is link to virtuemart category id = 6 (menu item id of kits & gifts is 41)

Second, i created VirtueMart Product and Category Specific XHTML to list sub categories of category id 6 and assigned to Kits & Gifts main menu.
everything is fine like this,

Collections and Customisable are subcategories of Kits & Gifts category.
Ready Set Glow - Light is product of Collections category.

problem is when i clicked on Collection, Customisable or Ready Set Glow - Light this VirtueMart Product and Category Specific XHTML menu doesn't appear.
it seems like just appear in Kits & Gifts(cat = 6) that i assigned to menu.

how can i display menu to subcategory or product page too ?

Thank you very much.