News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

SSL for beginners

Started by ultimamedia, December 02, 2009, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultimamedia

Hello, i have built the virtuemart cart for my client, now the client says they have a thwaite SSL, what do i do now!!! Im sure this is a core area of virtuemart, so it would be great to have a running topic on this!!!

Bora

Would be interested in an answer on this one as well.

Nirm

1. You need to install the SSL on your server. Most hosts have a system of installation, but generally you start by creating a CSR (Certificate Signing Request), verifying domain ownership and then downloading the certificate files. In your case since your client already has the certificate they will have gone through this process already.

You will then need to upload the files to a particular part of the site. Your host control panel should provide an area to upload a CSR, the actual certificate itself and also the certificate signing authority.

You will also need to assign a certificate to a dedicated IP Address which you may have to purchase from your host.

2. Once installed in VM there is a place where you specify the live site URL and the secure site URL. Just enter the appropriate values.

If all is well then when  you type in the secure URL into your browser it should direct you to the secure domain without any errors. An error would be something like the browser alerting you to the certificate not matching the domain.
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com