News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

installation error vm1.5

Started by rrommel, November 20, 2009, 19:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrommel

I am planning to update one of my websites and want to know if I should use magento :-\ or wait for VM1.5. So I tried to install vm1.5. Unfortunatly I didn't have any luck.

I got the error "There was an error uploading this file to the server." When I use the extension manager to upload com_virtuemart_1.5_nightly.zip.

I got the following error when I ftp the files to tmp directory and install it from there:

JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/xxx/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.ini'. Please initially check whether:
• the Extension is already installed
• the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
• there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
• there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt

The build I tried is: VirtueMart 1.5_nightly Nightly Build (Joomla! 1.5 only) [20091120]

configuration:
Database Version:       5.0.45
Database Collation:    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version:    5.2.11
Web Server:    Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
Web Server to PHP interface:    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version:    Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT

Installation of VM1.1.14 abd other components works perfectly. So does anyone has any idea.

P.S. I know this is not the right place to post this but I cannot add a new topin in Virtuemart 1.5  :(

Nirm

Please read this - VM 1.5 has not been released yet and it will initailly be in beta
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=63207.0

A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

Milbo

First Nirm is right, vm1.5 under heavy development.
ATM it happens often that the market looks useable and one week later even the installer is not working. Atm rick changed the configuration data managment. Before the first RC expect strange problems. But... the problems here seem not really related to vm1.5.
Quote from: rrommel on November 20, 2009, 19:02:20 PM
I got the error "There was an error uploading this file to the server." When I use the extension manager to upload com_virtuemart_1.5_nightly.zip.

The most common reason for this problem is that the File you have uploaded is too big.
The File Size Upload Limit on your Server is set too low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By
default PHP allows files up to 2 MB, but you can set to 4 MB to get rid of this error.

If you have access to the php.ini, then change the directive upload_max_filesize to "4M"
and reload the server configuration.

If you are running PHP in CGI mode on Apache, you can place an .htaccess file in your
Joomla! root directory and place the following code inside:

php_value upload_max_filesize 4M

This will solve the problem.

VM1.5 is bigger than needed, because there is a lot of old unused code that will be removed if we clear it up before the release. Maybe we will make the sample files as module to avoid this problem.

I got the following error when I ftp the files to tmp directory and install it from there:

JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/xxx/www/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.ini'. Please initially check whether:
• the Extension is already installed
• the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
• there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
• there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt
Looks like you had an old installation in your joomla.

P.S. I know this is not the right place to post this but I cannot add a new topin in Virtuemart 1.5  :(

This is okey :-). You are just a signal that it is time to move on and to open some forums for vm1.5 asap.

Cyaas Milbo
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sewtremi73

hmm ive got a security error if i install the fexplorer software.. my handy nokia 6680 just gives the message: Installation Security Error: Unable to install. Does anybody know whats my problem..?

Nirm

hmmm - Nokia 6680 - are you sure your are in the right place?
A lot of questions are answered in the VM 1.1 User Manual please read it before asking questions.
-------------------------------------
http://www.nirmoysomaia.com

rrommel

Quote from: Nirm on November 20, 2009, 20:23:12 PM
Please read this - VM 1.5 has not been released yet and it will initailly be in beta

yes I know vm1.5 is not even in beta yet, but I just want to try it and decide what to do. I prefrer VM but magento do have some nice feature which is missing in vm now.

Quote from: Milbo on November 21, 2009, 18:14:52 PM
The most common reason for this problem is that the File you have uploaded is too big.
The File Size Upload Limit on your Server is set too low to allow larger files to be uploaded. By
default PHP allows files up to 2 MB, but you can set to 4 MB to get rid of this error.

upload problem is solved by increasing max filessize to 4MB. But upload to tmp should have worked because I use a clean joomla 1.5.15 for testing

old build of 20-11 is not ok. The new build of 22-11 can be installed now. when the required data is being added I got an 500 error

View not found [name, type, prefix]: updatesMigration,html,virtuemartView
Have manually run the sql script but got "Error: Failure in Database no user_id for vendor_id 1 found"

I will wait a few days and try new build again.

Looks like you had an old installation in your joomla.
no there is no other old installation. I started with a clean joomla installation.

This is okey :-). You are just a signal that it is time to move on and to open some forums for vm1.5 asap.
Cyaas Milbo

I think it's  time. More people like me want to prepare for vm 1.5.