Author Topic: Logged In basic Seach fails Migrated users only  (Read 15296 times)

rb

• Advanced
Re: Logged In basic Seach fails in Firefox ONLY (vm 1.1.4)
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 16:54:10 pm »
Frank, I'm sure you probably tried this, but just in case you didn't, how about deleting all the VM cookies in FF?

FrankA

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 17:31:25 pm »
removed all the cookies for my site :( but the search also fails in IE. I would just remove the search from the VM menu but the Joomla search returns the same item link for each category that it appears in and with some items in a lot of categories it is not a useful workround. But with the images problem too the site is in a bad state.

Migration to 1.5 took 3 months due to having to replace all the articles as raw UTF text in all content - non Ascii characters got lost in the conversion. I still have to redo the 4000+ vm descriptions. At least the db is true UTF now so will not happen again. The site is supposed to be a centrepiece for a 400th Anniversary in Scotland next year and time is running out. I have thousands more images to be added but dare not progress that until all is working.

FrankA

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 15:07:14 pm »
A week on... I have tried changing password both in profile and via forgot password... still search will not work. Reregistering is not a solution as I need to keep connection to posts and other items throughout joomla. And telling all my users that they have to re-register in order to use the vm search is not really practical for similar reasons. So how can this only affect users registered before the migration?

antonitus

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 15:34:03 pm »
I'm having the same issue here. I've searched through hundreds of threads here and there is no real solution.  I've installed the latest 1.1.4 and I believe there is a bug somewhere. Before upgrading from 1.1.3 everything was fine.

Has anyone got an idea as to why this is happening?

Also, I have to edit the following code:

Code: [Select]
SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=#
This may help but what file is it in. Can anyone tell me this?

Thanks
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

FrankA

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 13:52:55 pm »
Is yours also only affecting existing registered users?

FrankA

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:46 am »
This problem is still unresolved.... any ideas???

FrankA

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:39 am »
Frank, I created a new user on your site, logged on as the user, and was able to successfully perform a search (with results being returned) using FF 3.5.4.
Could this be something to do with the users for whom search does not work were existing in the joomla 1.0 and migrated to the joomla 1.5. If I clear the VM users table would that create a problem or would it get rebuilt as users use vm?

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 15:28:15 pm »
If you cleared the table jos_vm_user_info, at a minimum you would lose all your users' VM "Bill To" and "Ship To" addresses.

FrankA

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 15:35:53 pm »
Not a problem as it used only as a catalogue

FrankA

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 23:26:20 pm »
OK, I cleared the VM user file. But still search is not working for me in my original profile but does work in a newly created profile....
... so what can be different between a user that is migrated from 1.0 to 1.5 and one that is created in 1.5 as far as the VM search function? Nothing I can see in the joomla user file  ??? ??? ??? ??? :'(

FrankA

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 11:49:33 am »
If site is in debug mode, logged out no problem

Logged in the same search causes a 500 error.

SEARCH LOGGED IN

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku`) as num_rows FROM (`jos_vm_product`, `jos_vm_category`, `jos_vm_product_category_xref`,`jos_vm_shopper_group`) LEFT JOIN `jos_vm_product_price` ON `jos_vm_product`.`product_id` = `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` LEFT JOIN `jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref` ON (`jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref`.`user_id` =64 AND `jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref`.`shopper_group_id`=`jos_vm_shopper_group`.`shopper_group_id`) WHERE (`jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product`.`product_id` OR `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product`.`product_parent_id`) AND `jos_vm_product_category_xref`.`category_id`=`jos_vm_category`.`category_id` AND ( (`jos_vm_product`.`product_name` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_sku` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_s_desc` LIKE '%thrums%' OR `jos_vm_product`.`product_desc` LIKE '%thrums%') ) AND (`jos_vm_product`.`product_id`=`jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` OR `jos_vm_product_price`.`product_id` IS NULL)

Call stack
#    Function    Location
1    JSite->dispatch()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/index.php:68
2    JComponentHelper->renderComponent()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/includes/application.php:124
3    require_once()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4    include()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.php:166
5    vm_ps_DB->query()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php:57
6    JDatabaseMySQL->loadObjectList()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_database.php:120
7    JDatabaseMySQL->query()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:458
8    JError->raiseError()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:231
9    JError->raise()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
10    JException->__construct()    /home2/scotlan4/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 15:35:02 pm »
After your migrations, have you checked the data integrity of these tables:

jos_users
jos_vm_shopper_group
jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref
jos_vm_userfield_values
jos_vm_vendor

For instance, does each id in jos_users have a correct, corresponding user_id in jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref and jos_vm_userfield_values?

And does each vendor_id in jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref have a correct, corresponding vendor_id in jos_vm_shopper_group?

Just a wild guess, but at least it will give you something to look at ;)

FrankA

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 18:43:04 pm »
I guess I can safely clear all those as they would now be out of sync! Thanks for that tip will let you know the result.

FrankA

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »
Clearing jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref.....

Party

Problem SOLVED

FrankA

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 13:35:10 pm »
Party over  :'(

It is not solved, not sure how I thought it was, how can I check the integrity jos_users? It is very frustrating to have to log out to perform search and then log-in to be able to update from front end.

With the 500 error above, can anyone explain what it means is going on there. It does not include the jos_users table - so how can that be affecting things?

The Joomla search works when logged in, but as that returns one entry for each category the item appears in makes finding the thing you are looking for difficult.

I tried changing passwords, but apart from that there is nothing visibly different between migrated users and newly registered users in jos_users so it must be something related to the vm search module. But why would that care if a user is logged in or not.