Author Topic: fatal error in editor.php on line 196  (Read 5373 times)

Takazeki

• Beginner
fatal error in editor.php on line 196
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:37:03 pm »
Hi again! I'm going nuts with virtuemart :o It all started when i changed my host a few days ago. Everything went fine except with my virtuemart shop! Now when i try to enter virtuemart via admin i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function update() on a non-object in /home/fingerbo/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 196

The weird part is that some times i can enter the virtuemart menu and access some areas. But even when that happen i can't never add a new product because of this error.

I replaced all the files in the components directory (also in administrator folder) and problem remains. I also replaced all the libraries files (just in case one of them got corrupted) but that didn't help. I'm using the TinyMCE as the editor but i tried using other ones (like JCE) and still nothing.. I didn't want to but i think i will have to go back to oscommerce  :-[

Thanks for any help

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
Re: fatal error in editor.php on line 196
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 17:54:31 pm »
If you edit/add articles in Joomla!, loads editor fine?
VirtueMart,(Joomla-phpShop, mambo-phpShop) since 2004-03-11

Takazeki

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 18:06:19 pm »
Hi mauri, yes i can edit and add articles with no problem. I have even made a new fresh install of virtuemart but i still get that error :-[ Right now i can enter the Virtuemart component section via admin menu but if i go to 'List Products' and try to add a new product i get that error.

When i had the previous shop (with all the products and stuff) the same error prompt when i tried to edit products. Thanks

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 20:41:16 pm »
Ok. The weird thing is that, there are only few sites with this problem.
Can you send these information!
Description:
Give a description of the bug in your own words.

VirtueMart Version:

Joomla/Mambo Version:

Steps to replicate:
Give step-by-step instructions for reproducing the problem.
Also provide live URL when available.(You can send live URL to me, or some devs)

For VirtueMart 1.1 please indicate if occurs in Simple Layout view or Extended Layout view

System info:
Enter your system info (operating system, web server, php version, mysql version).

Takazeki

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 23:04:41 pm »
Ok, thank you. Here is the required information:

Description:

Fatal error: Call to a member function update() on a non-object in /home/fingerbo/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 196

when acessing virtuemart admin feature, specially when creating new products. (Acessing products through the actual shop used to work but now i'm not sure because i can't even add products!)

VirtueMart Version: 1.1.3

Joomla/Mambo Version: Joomla 1.5.9

Steps to replicate:
'Components' -> 'Virtuemart' -> 'Products' -> 'Add product'

Occurs in simple layout (i guess)

System info:
Operating system: Linux
web server: Apache version   2.2.11 (Unix)
php version: 5.2.8
mysql version: 5.0.67-community

URL and other info has been sent by pm to you ;)

Regards

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 19:25:35 pm »
These don´t help your problem, but you can try:
Disable Joomla system sef and sef rewrite.
Clean Joomla cache folders (site and admin.)
In your PHP info, there is no session_save_path. Maybe you have configure it other way?

In server error log(plesk or c-panel), you can find more info like: Call to a member function update() on a non-object

I´m searching and comparing this error with other, who have the same error.
Seems that when virtuemart calls Joomla editor, it loses the editor name.
Hope we find the problem ;)

Takazeki

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 20:06:48 pm »
Thanks mauri for looking into my problem. I installed joomla in another directory and then installed virtuemart and guess what? Everything works fine! So the problem is not with the server, there should be something in conflit...

But i really can't figure out what it is..  the only thing i installed when i changed the server was hwdVideoShare component and Jcomments. I already uninstalled both and problem remains! :-[ It's driving me crazy.. the weird thing is that also sometimes i can't even enter the virtumart control panel.. then after some minutes i can.. then i go to the joomla configuration for example and the error starts showing again when acessing virtuemart! This happened just now   :o

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 18:03:12 pm »
Before error, it calls function load_editor and when it comes back the object _editor is null... can´t understand why. Have you find enything in error log?

Takazeki

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:34 am »
Yeah but in the error log there's just a bunch of lines with that error, which is not very helpful.. well i think i'll have to find another option ;) Thanks again

piercerides

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 20:44:58 pm »
I am having this same problem.

Just did a fresh install. I have joomla 1.5 and vm 1.1.3 and when I installed it I got a Fatal error on the editor.php and also when I tried to access the shop in the backend it said there was an error in the editor.php line.

Any help would be amazing.

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 22:12:21 pm »
Takazeki, have you solve your pr?

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 23:33:05 pm »
What I would do first is replace this file

Fatal error: Call to a member function update() on a non-object in /home/fingerbo/public_html/cms/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php