News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

USPS exceed limits

Started by haggis, September 15, 2009, 20:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haggis

Hi,

I've some problems with the USPS module. The weight I ship is less than a pound (13 ounze), nevertheless the USPS module stops working. Something like "Exceeds weight limits in your country". The new message is now (We are unable to ship USPS as the there was an error, please select another shipping method).

Any idee what's worng? What can I do? Did I oversee something?

Thanks in advance
Haggis

p.s. Yes folks, you are right. Some more info is sometimes helpful. I appoligize.

Joomla 1.5.14
VirtueMart 1.1.3
USPS module 3.0 (2007/06/21)
I ship only inside the US
Debug Mode => Starting Shipping module: flex or usps (No More Information)

lowmips

Which version of the module?
What country are you shipping from? To?

More info.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

haggis

Yes folks, you are right. Some more info is sometimes helpful. I appoligize.

I updated to whole thread

Joomla 1.5.14
VirtueMart 1.1.3
Shipping Module / USPS module - honestly I don't know
I ship only inside the US

lowmips

what USPS services have you checked?
have you filled in your store's zip code in the VM setup?

try bumping up your PHP error reporting level.  Maybe it's code and not logic. Does the screen display, or does it turn white and stop rendering the rest of the page?

Other than that, try updating your USPS module to v4 or v5.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

haggis

Hi folks,

thanks for al your help folks. The curretn problem is solved. The problems was a misleading error message. Finally, I didn't have a prober userid to get access.

The solution:
1. I need to create a web-id with USPS. This has nothing to do with a possible user id (account) that you might have with USPS.
2. USPS send you than the access details, BUT for their test system
3. The USPS module works only with the production server.
4. In oder to use the production server, you need to ask USPS to transfer your web-id to the production site.
5. USPS will ask you to prove that you teted your application. Just tell them that you use a 3rd party aplication (and mention ths USPS.php module from USPS) and they will do it.
6. Put this information into your config file and surpise, your weight problem is solved.

Thanks again
Haggis