Author Topic: SOLVED: Configuration issues after migration  (Read 2487 times)

zylernjax

• Beginner
SOLVED: Configuration issues after migration
« on: September 03, 2009, 00:04:40 am »
(make sure you add a "/" after the url of your website and the secure url in the config file.)

I migrated my entire site from one server to another. Everything went fine until I went to virtuemart in my new site. When I go to "Configuration" sometimes it will take me there, but most of the time it redirects me to my old websites login page. If I proceed to login to my old site it will take me to a page that says

Error: Page Does Not Exist Given filename does not exist. Cannot find file: "admin.show.php" on the front end.

If it DOES let me in to the configuration on my new site it still wants to read for the configuration file via the old path (my OLD server):

/home/ody1982/public_html/dev/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php :: Writeable

I suppose my question is, how the heck do I make it read for the configuration file on my new site?

Thanks guys.

PS: I tried to click configuration one more time from my backend (on the new site) and it comes up with a 404 error now saying: www.mysitename.netadministrator cannot be found, instead of www.mysitename.net/administrator.

Plus, for some reason the back end looks weird, like it missing some css styles and shit. Would it make sense for me to just re-install vm? If I did that though, would I lose my products?

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
Re: Configuration issues after migration
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 00:16:09 am »
This seems strange behaviour and more likely something has gone wrong with the transfer.

The Joomla config file and Virtuemart config file may effect this. I suggest looking at each file (in an editor) and see if there is anything that looks like it is from your old site.

Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

zylernjax

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 00:23:51 am »
If I reinstalled vm, would I be able to keep all of my products though?

MikeUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 00:34:21 am »
Uninstalling VM would remove the database tables. You'd have to keep a copy of your database.

Can't you do the migration again, maybe using JoomlaPack (Joomla extension)?
Get answers faster:

I can build your online shop, setup or customize Virtuemart or help your existing shop maximize its potential. Email / PM for info

zylernjax

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 00:57:55 am »
Joomla pack didn't work because when I to restore it via web broswer I was told that the file was corrupted. So I did a manual mysql dump onto a new db, uploaded every file from the old site and bam - it worked.

And yeah, VM was working fine for about an hour or so after the migration - but somewhere along the lines when I tried to access the config files, things went weird. Damn this sucks.

Here is a screen shot:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3703/76198222.jpg

zylernjax

• Beginner
SOLVED: Re: Configuration issues after migration
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 01:05:44 am »
SOLVED IT!

In the config file under the site URL and site secure URL I didn't add a "/" after each domain. w00t! Thanks for the help bro!