Author Topic: [SOLVED] checkout as new customer redirects to homepage after registration  (Read 2275 times)

felixp

• FMCA
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. When checking out as a new customer, right after registration, I am redirected to my Joomla homepage with a message saying 'registration was successful'.

I tried changing the form action URL, but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

*edit* never mind, it was my fault.
Joomla - 1.5.6
VirtueMart - 1.1.3

MCMuckle

"*edit* never mind, it was my fault."

SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM?  I hope you have found looking through this forum useful...as it contains answers to issues others have had.

I come here with exactly the same problem you are talking about only to find that you have an 'I'm alright Jack' end.  Well , I'm happy for you ::)

felixp

• FMCA
Ok, it works perfect as it is. After turning on Joomla SEF I started changing links around and messed something up. After reverting to original code, everything worked correctly.
Joomla - 1.5.6
VirtueMart - 1.1.3

MCMuckle

oh, ok.  thanks for getting back.  I am still stuck with the problem of 'Send Registration' goes to homepage

I'll keep reading...

MCMuckle

Wait a minute...

I used a .htaccess code I found here to redirect the url to ALWAYS go to www.mysite.com even if someone typed mysite.com

I changed the site url in Configuration-->Security to www.mysite.com but left the SECUREURL settings as I had ticked the "Generally prevent https connections?" box thinking that it was now not used.

Anyway, I have now changed the SECUREURL to also show www.... and it works again!

phew!