News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

USPS Sender Zip Code

Started by Jay Clancy, July 27, 2009, 00:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Clancy

I get the standard error message for USPS. (See details below.) It seems to have something to do with my zip code, because the XML result says, "Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender." (See Debug results below.) My "Zip/Postal Code" under Edit Store, Store Information is correct, and exactly matches the zip listed on my USPS account. Am I missing something? I have spent a long time in the forum searching for an answer to this.

DETAILS:
I am using Joomla version 1.5.9, VirtueMart 1.1.3.

Standard error message:
We are unable to ship USPS as the there was an error,
please select another shipping method.

In Debug mode, I get the XML Result:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Error><Number>-2147219498</Number><Source>Rate_Respond.DomesticRatesV2Test:clsRatesV2TestValidateParameters:clsRatesV2TestProcessRequest;SOLServerRatesTest.RateV2_Respond</Source><Description>Please enter a valid ZIP Code for the sender.  </Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error>

lowmips

When in the testing phase USPS expects an exact test query with a specific set of data they outline somewhere in their documentation.  I remember looking for it and having problems finding it again....it would be easier to contact USPS and ask to be moved to directly production.  Mention you are not developing, you are using an eCommerce solution and simply need credentials to plug in.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Jay Clancy

This worked excellently. Even better when I upgraded to USPS v4.0.

Apparently, there is no point in using the test servers with the USPS module.

Thanks Reggie.

mnava

Hi Jay

I have contacted USPS to move my account to prod.
But could you please let me know where you got the code and how you upgraded to USPS v4.0.?

Thanks
-Marcio

Forrest

FYI, there is a problem with USPSv4 script if you are a company that always ships from outside the US. the script is only checking the ship TO address to see if it will be domestic shipping, rather than both TO and FROM. If the FROM is outside US, it should be sending International XML ship info to usps, but it's not. A simple Vendor addy check for US/PR/VI will solve this in administrator/components/com_cirtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv4.php