Author Topic: Anybody got cssjscompress working with Vmart?  (Read 7706 times)

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
Anybody got cssjscompress working with Vmart?
« on: July 16, 2009, 16:56:57 pm »
Has anyone here found a way to get cssjscompress working with virtuemart? I know you can set it to not compress virtuemart files, but I would like to compress those as well. This plugin reduces my front page from 260 to 197K

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/cache/7350/details
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

Panikos

• Beginner
Re: Anybody got cssjscompress working with Vmart?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 18:17:41 pm »
I use smartoptimizer and it does the trick nicely. Managed to get my pages from approx. 470k down to 270k and it works on VM without any messing around

esedic

• Spletodrom.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 16:36:31 pm »
I use smartoptimizer and it does the trick nicely. Managed to get my pages from approx. 470k down to 270k and it works on VM without any messing around

Panikos, could you explain the procedure for smartoptimizer and Joomla?
I can't get it to work on my Joomla 1.5.10 installation.

Thanks

esedic

• Spletodrom.com
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 16:52:21 pm »
I have tested latest version of cssjscompress (3.2) and I had only problems with slimbox.js which I excluded from compression.

Everything else seems to work fine, also various 3rd party extensions (slideshow, news ticker, etc) which are using javascript are working ok.

PRO

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • VirtueMart Version: 3+
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 18:36:49 pm »
I have a problem with the add to cart theme.css

My add to cart container is just a rounded box, and its in theme.css, it totally does not show up when i dont exclude com_virtuemart
J3.9+ VM 3.4.2
Slowest Page Speed Score (88) (Category)
Fastest Page Speed Score (94-96) (productdetails)

Panikos

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 19:29:16 pm »

Panikos, could you explain the procedure for smartoptimizer and Joomla?
I can't get it to work on my Joomla 1.5.10 installation.

Thanks

It is not a joomla component/module. It works with the deflate option of apache via mod_rewrite and mod_expire (called from .htaccess). This means that it works on any website with apache that has mod_rewrite and mod_expire compilled in (all modern versions of apache do).

Edit your apache config. If you have virtual hosts add to the VirtualHost section of the website you want to use smartoptimizer on:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/css text/javascript
If you do not have virtual hosts then just add the above line at the bottom of your httpd.conf file.

Now download smartoptimizer. Unzip it on your pc, then upload the whole smartoptimizer folder to the root of you website. Make sure that the smartoptimzer/cache folder is 0777 to start with. That is where the gzipped files are stored. Now to get smartoptimizer to work you have to edit your .htaccess file if you have one already with the contents of the smatoptimizer .htaccess file. If you do not use an .htaccess file then you can just upload smartoptimizer's .htaccess file to the root of your website. And that is it! To see it works use yslow with firebug. The first time you do a yslow it whould be your ungzipped page. Now refresh your page and do yslow again and you should see a speed improvement.

scanreg

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 14:19:04 pm »
Edit your apache config. If you have virtual hosts add to the VirtualHost section of the website you want to use smartoptimizer on:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml text/css text/javascript
If you do not have virtual hosts then just add the above line at the bottom of your httpd.conf file.

What if you don't have access to the apache config file?

How would smartoptimizer be enabled for shared accounts?