Author Topic: Can not add products to cart on (Firefox)  (Read 18646 times)

natalie

• Beginner
Re: Can not add products to cart on (Firefox)
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 06:17:34 am »
Just for the benefit of anyone else who may be experiencing this problem with products not being added to the cart in Firefox, I found that disabling Ajax (as directed in this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39873.0) has completely fixed the problem. Super easy to fix, too!

m.arifulhoque

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 20:27:02 pm »
hi all,
i use Virtuemart 1.1.4 & joomla 1.5X.
my problem is:
ADD TO CART button, the ajax popup is not work,
but it is redirected to the blank page.

Anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks

lovingpets

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:40 am »
Make sure that in Admin > Configuration > Security the following settings reflect the url you mainly use for your site
Site URL  www.domain.com         
SECUREURL www.domain.com

In my case I found that these were set to just domain.com (without www) whilst 95% of my site visitors use www.domain.com and this fixed the not working "add to cart" button.

Changing .htaccess in my case was not accepted, probably a conflict with my hosting provider.   

rolex911

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 03:09:40 am »
I am trying to troubleshoot my virtuemart and Firefox problem.  When users enter my site at www.dvdenespanol.com, they cannot add items to their shopping cart.  When they click on "add to cart" nothing happens.  The add to cart buttons do not work in category view nor do they work in product details view.
I tried to change my address in Virtuemart-Configuration-Security-Siteurl.  But if I use any other value than "http://66.7.218.134/~faceboo2/ipad/" the site breaks down.
If users click on the "add to cart" link in other modules like "very popular" or "featured products," then this magically enables the shopping cart and the other links (category view add to cart button and product details view add to cart button) begin to work correctly. 

I would like to try any fix that might work.  Like for example, the fix that is suggested for .htaccess, but I cannot understand what text to enter and where to enter it in the .htaccess file.
This is very urgent for me.  An ecommerce store where users cannot add items to the cart is a major problem.

Thanks for any help
Thomas
San Francisco

mnms

• Beginner
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 11:16:57 am »
I used .htaccess with the code given by jenkinhill and it worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!  :D

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 13:26:05 pm »
rolex911 you should not a temporary url like 66.7.218.134/~faceboo2/ipad/. You should use a properly resolved url (such as www.dvdenespanol.com).

Having said that, I can add to cart with Firefox 3.6.8 on your site.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777  J 3.10.11 PHP 7.4.30

toucandesign2

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:06 am »
I implemented the code you suggested and it indeed seems to direct me to "www.domain" if someone enters "domain." My issue is that my "ADD TO CART" button only is working with "domain." Can you please tell me where I might adjust the setting to work with "www.domain" vs. "domain.". I am running Firefox 3.6.13, and the buttons seem to work fine in IE8 & Safari 5
0.2 running Windows Vista SP2.

here is the code I entered into .htaccess (it is a .net domain and I just guessed on the domain and extension info, but seems to work).

Options +SymlinksIfOwnerMatch

RewriteEngine on

# Redirect addresses which are not www.toucandesign.net
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^www\.toucandesign\.net$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$         http://www.toucandesign.net/$1 [R=301,L]

toucandesign2

• Beginner
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:07 am »
I was remiss in not posting the link that I am experiencing the issue.
http://www.toucandesign.net/orlando-printer-printing-company/business-card-printing-orlando-florida/1-full-color-14pt-uv-business-cards.html

I also want to state that both my Site URL and SECUREURL are set to http://www.toucandesign.net/

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 09:06:28 am »
You have a javascript issue - VM 1.1.x does not appear to function correctly with the mootools 1.11 that your template is loading (error shows in IE8 debugger)
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart 4.0.12 10777  J 3.10.11 PHP 7.4.30

toucandesign2

• Beginner
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 02:33:56 am »
Thanks for your response Kelvyn.

Ill review.

adham

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:17 am »
the bug in VM is still there, everything working fine, then used the 301 to redirect from domain.com to www.domain.com. Now only registered users (loged in) can add to cart.
I did turn off ajax add to cart checked everything but still a no go, this is getting really silly as fixing VM bugs taking 90% of my time NOT FUNNY.
and there is no support or at least very very slow one.
Using Joomla 1.5.22
VM 1.17 stable