News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM changes currency during transfer from website -> Paypal

Started by udjamaflip, June 30, 2009, 18:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

udjamaflip

Hi guys,

The default currency for my website is GBP although USD and EUR are enabled, everything seems to work fine on the front end with currency conversion i.e. £20 item become $33 ish.

However when this is then taken over to paypal, it seems to not only get converted back to £ the price goes up!

i.e. When I attempted to put an order through for $38.91 which was labelled as $38.91 throughout all pages on my website, on the first stage of the paypal page I was presented with the price being £42.81

It wouldn't be so bad if the GBP price reflected the $ price but it doesn't convert correctly at all.

hope some can help!  ???

MoneyMagnets

There seem to be quite a few people with this issue.

What I'm testing at the moment is to have only my default currency allowed (AUD) and then put dynamic converter on the website so that customers can see the value in their own currency but still pay me in AUD.

Not sure if that will work for you....

Regards,
Karen     

udjamaflip

Update on this issue guys, after a bit of to and fro from paypal they sent over the script that paypal received during the transaction.

in there was this: currency_code=GBP& meaning the currncy code being sent over is incorrect, anyone able to help with this?

Andy

udjamaflip

Another update to this post, I have figured the problem.

What is currently happening during payment process:

1) You add an item to cart at X amount in GBP.
2) You decide you want to view in USD instead, and change the display currency using VM currency module.
3) Continuing through the payment process you add delivery, which, although it says USD next to it now, it has not been converted. I.E. if it said GBP 5.50 before, it now says USD 5.50
4) You choose to pay with paypal, and the price not only gets sent over to paypal as GBP not USD, it has now converted the delivery charge (without telling the user) and has kep the converted value of the original cart contents.
5) Now because the customer has been massively overcharged a refund for the difference has to be done.

There must be a solution to this? Anyone?