News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Web Tools and APIs

Started by abycats312, June 13, 2009, 01:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abycats312

I've registered with USPS and received my userid and password. In the email, the USPS says to use this info to begin sending calls to the test server. Is this step necessary? Or, do I contact them and ask to be moved to the production server?

In searching the forums, a message from 2006 and old versions of Joomla/VM said the testing was unnecessary, but I can't find the info for current versions.

I'm on VM 1.1.3.

If I do need to go through the testing, can someone tell me a step by step process--at a six-year-old's comprehension level ;)?

Thanks, Cynthia

lowmips

Just ask them to be moved to production. 
Worked for me, and plenty of other people.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

abycats312

Thanks Reggie!

Your generous assistance on this board is not unnoticed  :).

For anyone else at this stage, the USPS does ask that you let them know what third party software you're using (VM/Joomla) before they'll move you to production without testing.

lowmips

Glad to be of service.  Their "testing" is kind of silly in my opinion, and totally unnecessary for anyone NOT doing API development (eg. users of e-commerce products).

I've often considered building the "testing phase" into my UPS and USPS modules as a new page on the administration config.  If anyone is interested in underwriting this feature for either module, please contact me. Otherwise is goes on to my long "TODO" list.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)