Author Topic: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.  (Read 426001 times)

djlongy

Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2009, 16:05:30 pm »
I get the KB927917 error  with I.E. 8

I have applied the patches (cleared cache) provided in the first post of this thread.  No change. 

vm 1.1.3   

Same here (even with 1.1.2). Only difference is that it's a problem only on a particular template.

AngelinaC

« Reply #271 on: October 09, 2009, 08:57:01 am »
I get the KB927917 error  with I.E. 8

I have applied the patches (cleared cache) provided in the first post of this thread.  No change.  

vm 1.1.3  

Same here (even with 1.1.2). Only difference is that it's a problem only on a particular template.

Did you see my next post?   I had issues with several templates and mods I'd installed, so in a last ditch attempt to capture my sanity, I just built the whole thing over - and the issues were resolved.   (other than some major ugly menu with the default vm category menu in i.e. 7 - but not operation abort error - just ugliness - but no one has answered my post on that)

But overall - getting rid of some things I wasn't using cleaned up the site - and got rid of the error after all.

If you are only having probs on one template - then you probably need to contact the maker and check their forums, there might be a fix for you.
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

Shjuan85

• Beginner
« Reply #272 on: October 19, 2009, 19:01:41 pm »
Hello all, I have a frontend operation aborted problem.

I removed my google friend connect feature and everything seems to work from there. Hope this helps. I suspect this got to do with javascript problems.

scawa1952

« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2009, 11:04:24 am »
@angelaC

As I enjoy tilting at windmills, I will make the following rhetorical statement without any hesitation:  The only sites that anyone should create compatible with internet explorer are sites which announce to visitors they need to dump that browser.  It seems like we have the power to slay that monster, no?

I hate IE as much as anyone and I develop web sites FIRST for Fire Fox (I develop on Mac and use a Windoz VM on it to access IE), because the debug tool are so great.   But to ignore the fact that 60% to 70% of the U.S. uses IE is worse than tilting at windmills.

I have fought the problem of IE's terrible adherence to standards for CSS and it's terrible interpretation of JavaScript/DOM interface for years.  If I write JavaScript, I test on ALL browsers.  I guess the developers of Virtuemart didn't.

As I posted in a Separate thread (this one is Way too long)...  HAVE THEY COME UP WITH A CORRECTION to this?  Is is fixed in 1.1.4?  And what can I expect if I have MULTIPLE Virtuemart sites out there.   Where do I apply the patch.... to all the sites or is there a "central install" to patch my VM installation BEFORE I set it up on another site?
Stephen McConnell
CoffeStain Software & Design

"Boredom is a personal defect."
  -- Lamar Stephens

pravi0002000

• Beginner
« Reply #274 on: November 12, 2009, 10:12:36 am »
I used this patch :

But still getting that 'aborted' message while clicking product on scroll and featured product section

My url is: www.femmeenrouge.com

Please help.. Site is live..need urgent help from anybody

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #275 on: November 12, 2009, 18:36:43 pm »
Checked your site works for me, and this only applies to 1.1.3, new version 1.1.4 is out, I suggest you upgrade but BACKUP first.

al_foto

• Beginner
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.0.18a
« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2009, 13:07:12 pm »
Fix on page 1 seams to work for me.  :)
Jommla 1.5.10 and VM 1.1.3

Thanks so much
Joomla 2.5.9 / Virtuemart 2.0.18a

jolmeda

• Beginner
« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2009, 17:23:38 pm »
After applied the fixes from Peter (Aravot) I tried this and it works:
After spending several hours on the net searching and debugging my site I finally solved the problem regarding the "operation aborted" issue in IE7. (IE crashed immediately after hitting my frontpage). Turned out I was looking too much into Virtuemart modules, not the core Joomla modules.

I stumbled upon a post on the Joomla forum describing an issue with "domready. Load" which is implemented into the core mod_mainmenu module. The following solved my problem:

Change the following file: /libraries/joomla/html/html/behavior.php

~line 108
$tooltipInit = ' window.addEvent(\'domready\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips($$(\''.$selector.'\'), '.$options.'); });';
to
$tooltipInit = ' window.addEvent(\'load\', function(){ var JTooltips = new Tips($$(\''.$selector.'\'), '.$options.'); });';

Alternatively they do describe some other possibilities utilising Moo 1.2.1. for the frontend, leaving Joomla backend on 1.1.1. I enclosed the link of the thread below for everybody who is interested.  

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=310784

Hope this helps some of you as well.
Thanks mate

Korb this fixed the issue in a computer using IE8 and running on windows XP, on another computer using IE7 with Windows Vista, still getting the error.

This is the error displayed on IE8 on XP.

Code: [Select]
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:54:39 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0
URI: http://www.*****.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64&offset=300
We are running on VirtueMart1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5.14.

jolmeda

• Beginner
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2009, 18:11:42 pm »
People i'm proud to announce that after upgrading our Joomla installation to 1.5.15 and changing in the Admin Global Configuration / System / Enable Web Services to YES, the problem was completely erradicated from both IE8 on XP and IE7 on Vista.

Under the server tab GZIP is set to NO, and Error Reporting to simple.

EVERYTHING seems to be working, no Operation Aborted anymore, at least for now.

Hope this help you guys!

twilite25

• Beginner
    • NLS Creative
« Reply #279 on: December 07, 2009, 20:56:46 pm »
The attached files fixed the error message I received in IE8 when I tried to view a product page. I am using Virtuemart 1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5.14.

The error does still appear when I log into the virtuemart login module from the home page, but I guess this fix does not apply to that issue.

thanks for the files! :)
Joomla 1.5.14 Virtuemart 1.13 Windows

Brienly09

• Beginner
    • of russian wifes
Fix for Internet Explorer IE7 Operation Aborted issue
« Reply #280 on: December 13, 2009, 09:07:12 am »
Is it possible the security issue is with TomCat the webserver sevice, and not pNet?  In that case possibly you can look into using the latest version of TomCat, or see the TomCat site for this security issue?

Pixell

• Beginner
    • Pixelic.com
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2009, 15:23:53 pm »
Thanks aravot for the fix... seemed to work for me.

dheep

• Beginner
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2010, 12:53:53 pm »
I am using vituemart 1.1.4, joomla 1.5.9! But my site does not opens in IE6. It shows operation aborted. Back-end of shop is working excellent. This is driving me nuts. I have tried all kind of procedures described by fellow users in this forum.

Please help me out.

P.S. SOLVED IT.. IT WAS ROKBOX PLUGIN!! DISABLED IT!! EVERYTHING WENT FINE!!

yaktakonva

• Beginner
« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2010, 09:17:13 am »
Hi, I'm also having the same issue of internet explorer 7 crashing when trying most things in virtuemart. Started when trying to edit the products but now it also crashes when going to the store admin page. All happened after recently upgrading to Joomla 1.5.9 and VM 1.1.3. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

dorian

• Beginner
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2010, 22:28:15 pm »
I always use IE7 and it never crashed. But some time it is do not want to unload when i close IE7.