Author Topic: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.  (Read 425991 times)

helping hand

• Beginner
    • joomla web design company
Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2009, 14:43:34 pm »
hello
Very Excelent tips.
Thanks fopr sharing yar

bobysolo

• Beginner
  • Kiss my shiny metal ass!
    • Videosorveglianza
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2009, 16:58:15 pm »
I also had the operation aborted problem - using Joomla 1.5.14 and VM 1.1.3. I have also installed the following modules / components / plugins:
  • the standard VM Latest / Featured / Login / Cart modules
  • RokVirtuemartCategories
  • RokBox for VM image display
  • RokAjaxSearch
  • YooCarousel
  • ccNewsletter
  • sh404SEF
  • Email Cloaking (Valid XHTML) - emailcloak_xhtml

In the end I found out, that the latter - the module emailcloak_xhtml was causing the operation aborted problem. Reverted back to the built-in email cloaker and the problem went away.

Hope this helpes someone else  ;D

EDIT:
After some more researching I found out that for me the problem was, that I was using emailcloak_xhtml for cloaking email, but I also cloaked an email in the index.php file of my template with this function:
Code: [Select]
<?php $email 'some@email.com'$emcloaked JHTML::_('Email.cloak',$email); echo $emcloaked?>I put the email in the template, because it's always visible and because I couldn't put it in a module, since the plugins do not parse the modules.

I suspect that the problem was because I was calling both cloaking plugins on the same page.

ericweb

• Beginner
« Reply #257 on: September 06, 2009, 13:14:52 pm »
(sorry for my bad English )
joomla 1.5.14 with vm 1.1.3

With ie7 I'm having this 'operation aborted' when clicking on "Wachtwoord/Gebruikersnaam vergeten?" ("Password/Username forgotten?" in Login of mod_virtuemart). works with Firefox no problem at all. Please help. Thanks.

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
  • Joomla & Virtuemart developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2009, 01:58:41 am »
This solution is good !!! virtuemart-ie-fix_Unzip_Me.zip
Tks a lot

misteurz

• Beginner
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2009, 15:53:16 pm »
hi,
the fix dosent work for me...
i already have taht message :

Message : HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Ligne : 0
Caractère : 0
Code : 0
URI : http://www.mysite.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=24&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

i have uploaded the files form the post #1 in my root joomla directory... but nothing changed...
please help...

kuma

• Beginner
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2009, 16:41:05 pm »
(sorry my english..)

my versions:
  joomla 1.5.14
  VirtueMart_1.1.3-COMPLETE_PACKAGE.j15
    mod virtue installed/using:
      -mod_virtuemart: menu type: Trans_menu
      vm using like catalog, i'm not using any cart sys.
  other mod/scripts:
   shadowbox, gk tools,jquery. etc

my problem: in the vm category view page, getting IE6,IE7 operation aborted error
            and IE8 (KB927917)error..and other UA nothing hap..Sh_t IE's.

my case/steps to fix,and works for me:
 (I was changing and trying much of cases and i'm not shure what're fix me but, now im working great)

(change)
  * virtuemart-ie-fix_Unzip_Me.zip components/com_virtuemart/js/wz_tooltip.js (only)
  (modify)
  * rewrite sources that's contain some <div id="some"></div> (empty box),and
    in these inside put code like <p style="visibility:hidden">bit of text to hide but show in the code</p>. example:

/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/common/shopIndex.tpl.php
      <div class="vmRecent">
        <?php echo $recent_products; ?>
        <p style="visibility: hidden;">a</p> //added code
      </div>

* and in the behavior.php  115~ when using domready change to load, and i'm not using mootools-frontend.js.

Morgaine

• Beginner
« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2009, 18:40:54 pm »
Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the VM...

In August I got the dreaded email from client about error message IE7 on the backend doing product updates. Talked her into upgrading to IE8 as I was advised there was no issue with it and back end VM.

I read recently she got a new computer and last night got the dreaded email getting same error message again?????? (she used way more ?'s to make her point)

Stats: She's using IE8 running on Vista
Me: IE8 on XP
Installation: J 1.5.14 VM 1.1.3 stable

I installed Peter's fix but was unable to recreate her issue before so am waiting to find out if the updated files fixed the problem.

I read all 18 pages of this issue but didn't see anyone mentioning a problem with IE8.

Thank God for FireFox and many thanks to you Peter for your hard work on this.

I've had other VM installations that have been dreamboat store fronts but this one has been Nightmare on Elm Street.

barn

• Beginner
Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7 & IE6) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2009, 03:06:16 am »
Hi all,
I had the "Operation Aborted" error in IE6 & IE7 on my virtuemart browsepage & flypage... I tried Peter's fix on page 1 of this post and unfortunately it didn't work for me...  I found out that Internet Explorer doesn't like "domready" and you need to replace it with "load" in ALL of your js files.  BUT, you don't have to manually go through all of your js files... there is an AMAZING component that will do it for you.

I found this post and thought I should share here:

Stop looking through a million .js files and follow these 4 easy steps:

1. Download this awesome component: ReReplacer - search and replace
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/replace/4336/details

2. After installing it, add a new item called something like Domready Replace.

3. In the Search & Replace section: Search - domready  Replace - load

4. In the Search Areas section: Everywhere

Save the item and access your entry form from the frontend. Simple as could be.
The great thing is that if you un-installed the ReReplacer your original files are intact.

This component doesn't permanently change your files... if you delete the item (or uninstall ReReplacer) your files go back to how they were before. 

This worked for me, I hope it helps others here.  (I found this post at: http://www.sigsiu.net/forum/index.php/topic,14995.0.html)

M

rian

• Beginner
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2009, 00:17:11 am »
hi guys,
after working my way through the 18 pages, i did not dare to replace the files provided in the first post, i'll keep that as my last resort. but i found something out:
i have a joomla 1.5.14 with vm 1.1.3 and have the problem in ie7 & ie6 after the product is placed in the cart and you click order. then the registration pages shows up where you can enter existing user-data or create new ones. this is what is not functioning always get the operation aborted error in ie6 & ie7.
now i discovered that the error does not show up, when the jce-utilities-plugin is deactivated!!!

i would be happy if you experts find a fix for this, as i am using this plugin heavily across my site.

thank you!

AngelinaC

« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2009, 01:26:15 am »
I get the KB927917 error  with I.E. 8

I have applied the patches (cleared cache) provided in the first post of this thread.  No change.  

vm 1.1.3   

joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

rian

• Beginner
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2009, 01:46:50 am »
now i am really LOST! as i wrote before, i disabled jce utilities and now the pages gets displayed, but i can not enter text in the registration form with ie 6 and 7!!!! PLEASE help me, i am really desperate! activating jce utilities doesnt change anything

rian

• Beginner
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2009, 08:33:58 am »
hi again,
now i applied the files from the first post and it seems to works with jce utilities activated. the problem, that i cant enter any text in the form fields with ie6 and ie7 persists. but i discovered, that i cant enter text on any website not even google!!!! so i dont know if the problem is fixed and the trouble is only locally or not. could anybody please test with ie7 or ie6?

go to www.bauer-jelinek.at/shopvm add a book to the cart an click on "zur bestellung"

if you see the page with the user account-creation and can enter data without problems, please tell me!!!

thank you very much!

rian

• Beginner
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2009, 09:01:13 am »
thank you but i know, that ff and ie8 work! the problem is ie7 and ie6. and i have to find a machine that has those browers natively installed, because once you install ie8 all the browser-test-tools don`t work anymore!

AngelinaC

« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2009, 21:37:27 pm »
I rebuilt my site over the weekend.  I think possibly due to trying--who knows how many products--for virtuemart and joomla over the course of my project, and never getting rid of some things that were "not quite ready for prime time", once I started from scratch and tested as I went - AND applied the first post fixes, finally -

no more i.e. 7 errors!   Thank you for your great software!

In accordance with many suppliers of these softwares that have announced to cease support for i.e. 6 in December - I plan too as well, though I don't suppose this will hit the fan until December.  

As I enjoy tilting at windmills, I will make the following rhetorical statement without any hesitation:  The only sites that anyone should create compatible with internet explorer are sites which announce to visitors they need to dump that browser.  It seems like we have the power to slay that monster, no?
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2