Author Topic: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.  (Read 426004 times)

Ron kaylor

• Beginner
Re: Fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2009, 21:43:25 pm »
Still having the same problem on the front with aborting in THAT browser!  I have come across something interesting but have no idea what the fix may be

the only time it does it is when there are images loaded on the product.  if there are no images loaded it works fine

VM 1.1.3 and Joomla 1.5.10 installed,

the flypage displays fine in Firefox but will not in IE 7

attached is screen shot of error message, i have cleared the site cache, the sh404 cache, the browser history! It does not seem to matter what flypage I use i still get the same error,   starting to loose it here!

any ideas anyone,  this is a live site

thanks for everyone's help!

the site addy of the page in question is http://reuniontshirts.theeshirtshop.com/index.php?/Family-Reunion-Tee-s-Designer-line/Honor-the-Family/flypage.tpl.html

forgot to add that I did the fix from the first post and the one old slimbox patch.. 
thanks guys

punz

• Beginner
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2009, 04:04:32 am »
I only had a front-end issue nothing wrong with the back and thanks to spoonbender page 10 of this topic, the solution worked for me and my buyers. I tried all the updates etc but the abort error would keep coming back.
That's my 2cents worth.
P.

normdouglas

• Beginner
« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:44 am »
Just to let you all know what fixed it for me...

VM control panel > Site > Layout > Configuration > UNTICK "Open Product Images in a LightBox?"

jeremy217

• Beginner
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2009, 20:45:36 pm »
There is an easy solution to this for the future.

Add in option to include/not include mootools in the options panel.

Here is what I did:

I removed

echo vmCommonHTML::scriptTag(VM_THEMEURL.'theme.js');

on line 29

$vm_mainframe->addScript( VM_THEMEURL.'theme.js' );

on line 33

vmCommonHTML::loadMooTools();

on line 39

For the file: components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/theme.php

I also turned off ligtbox for images and turned off add items to cart with ajax.

Everything seems to work without mootools.

normdouglas

• Beginner
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2009, 02:15:08 am »
There is an easy solution to this for the future.

Add in option to include/not include mootools in the options panel.

Here is what I did:

I removed

echo vmCommonHTML::scriptTag(VM_THEMEURL.'theme.js');

on line 29

$vm_mainframe->addScript( VM_THEMEURL.'theme.js' );

on line 33

vmCommonHTML::loadMooTools();

on line 39

I also turned off ligtbox for images and turned off add items to cart with ajax.

Everything seems to work without mootools.

What file are you referring to here?

jeremy217

• Beginner
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2009, 02:17:58 am »
components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/theme.php

normdouglas

• Beginner
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2009, 02:48:52 am »
It seems to work for one time... but then reappears again... I have followed the instructions above.

macgos

• Beginner
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2009, 05:21:39 am »
You guys are all STARS...did the fix in the first post and all is working for me now. This has been a big problem for months..awesome guys...CHEERS!
rcsoaring.co.nz

tillo

• Beginner
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2009, 17:51:04 pm »
No, it is the same s**t with Joomla-1.5.11 an VM-1.1.13!!!
The programmers do what since this problem is known?
Why is the problem not overcome in the current version?
VM so really is no more fun!

Tidali

• Beginner
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2009, 20:54:14 pm »
Today 4th June is my first encounter with VirtueMart after it was recommended to me by an experienced Joomla! user - I'm just finishing my 5th Joomla! site in my first five Joomla! weeks. I have wasted 4 hours today on the IE7 bug - time I can't afford. I have just found aravnot's fix dated Feb 1 '09 and everything now works. As Tillo says: why aren't these modified files in the latest download? Can someone take control here? Of course I'll be happy to make a donation but for goodness sake why does all this time have to squandered for the sake of copying a few files. Well done Peter, without this fix I would have given up and gone straight back to Zen Cart. A thousand thanks to everyone who contributes their time to this invaluable work but please finish the paperwork.

headguru

• Beginner
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2009, 23:06:23 pm »
Joomla 1.5.10
VirtueMart 1.1.3

I implemented Peter's solution from his February 1st post.  It does not take care of the problem for me.  I only see it with VirtueMart, not any other component like Rapid Recipe or Wordpress by core php.

I had to revert to my previous files since I am using LowMips UPS v 2.o which has modified some of the files that Peter's solution replaced.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=47142.0

The problem only appears with IE7 when you go to:  http://www.wilderness-recipes.com/country-store.html

This article http://www.clientcide.com/code-snippets/manipulating-the-dom/ie-and-operation-aborted/seems to uncover the problem, but the "fix" is not clear to me.  That would be because I am not a coding expert.  I am navigating the "Joomla Ocean" with a boogie board.

Can someone please take a look and give me some ideas.  I would be forever grateful.

Thanks,

Tom

Vlada_bgd

« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2009, 00:43:23 am »
Wait, I don`t get it. On my website when I open any category, browsepage places itself below left modules position, but keeps it`s width. Is this fix gonna clear the problem?
!J 1.5.10
VM 1.1.3
I am having the same problem as Ron kaylor. Any solution yet?

Falco Stellare

• Beginner
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Please try the attach fix for Internet Explorer (IE7) Operation Aborted issue.

Aravot, I don't have words to thank you!!!!!!  ;D

If you will ever come to Rome, Italy, please drop me a line, I'll be glad to offer you a good roman dinner!!!

--
Falco Stellare
www.deepvoidlog.com

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2009, 19:56:47 pm »
We will be releasing 1.1.4 version soon with fixes from this topic (first post), however I see that some of you still have issues with Internet Explorer, we can not duplicate the ‘Operation Abort’ issue on our site(s) and users have reported that the fix from this topic has worked for them.

If you are one of those who after applying the fix from this topic still have issue(s) please write your configuration in detail and other extensions, modules, plugins that you are using because the error could be due to incompatibility between extensions or a simple configuration setting, without these detail we can not troubleshoot further.

Even better you can PM me your site access detail, with FTP access I need to make sure you have applied the patch or try 1.1.4RC on a NONE production site.

josand

• Beginner
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2009, 20:19:10 pm »
I am getting the same error problems as others when trying to add or edit products

but as a total novice to Joomla and Virtuemart I do not understand how to implement this fix.........please help!