Author Topic: "Warning"  (Read 2731 times)

tomml

• Beginner
"Warning"
« on: January 07, 2009, 16:18:51 pm »
I have these two warnings every time I enter products in the main menu:

Information: Your browser does not accept cookies. To put products into your cart and purchase them you need to enable cookies.

Warning: getimagesize(http://gator484.hostgator.com/~actsport/active/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/images/noimage.gif) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/actsport/public_html/active/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.browse.php on line 375

As for the first "information" - I have allowed coockies in my browser and I still get this warning.

Please help...

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
Re: "Warning"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 18:01:22 pm »
Hey tomml,

You're getting that warning because VirtueMart has been configured to check whether the customer is using cookies to surf the shop or not, it checks because it needs these cookies to function properly. If you want to disable this check, go to Admin -> Configuration, and under the "Core Settings" section, untick the "Enable the Cookie Check?" feature. Bear in mind though, that the customer will still require cookies to use the site (buy products, checkout, etc), but turning this check off means that VirtueMart will not remind the user if they do have cookies off.

The second error you're getting is a coding error, but I'm not entirely sure it's affecting your site, it seems to be just a notification from PHP to say something's gone wrong but it managed without it. Is it affecting your site? You should make sure the image (noimage.gif) that it is referring to in that long link exists in the folder the link is referring to. I'm not all too familiar with PHP error notices, but that's what I'm understanding from what you've posted.

Hope that helps somewhat... :)