News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS Shipping Rates Incorrect!?!?!?!

Started by arkitektron, April 06, 2011, 02:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkitektron

Hello,

I am experiencing some issues with the UPS Shipping Rates in VirtueMart. I am comparing the rate caluclated by VirtueMart with calculated rates at ups.com --- I am a novice in VirtueMart and this is the first time in a long time I have worked with the application.

If you have any suggetions on where I can being to identify where the problem is please let me know. Also, if you need any information from me about the product(s), zips, etc. please let me know.

I appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Thanks,
Ark.

mvladimir

I have the same problem, I tryed to find any solution but I can`t.
Can anybody to help.

Best regards

lowmips

Try using VirtueMart debug mode to see exactly what is being passed to the UPS API.  Perhaps you're using large boxes that trigger dimensional weight fees?  The original UPS module does not handle dimensions, this could be part of the problem.

Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

vargpr

Well i got that figured out, i just set a flat rate to $0, then changed the "Flat Shipping Rate" to International Shipping Rate Only, and another text that explain only for international shipping.

Here is my other problem that i am trying to make work.

I want to grab the product cost, add 15% to that price, then make that part of the shipping cost.

else {
                $charge = $charge_unrated = $value['TransportationCharges'];
                // add Fuel SurCharge
                $charge *= $fsc_rate;
                // add Handling Fee

//    $charge += UPS_HANDLING_FEE;
               $fee= $order_total * 0.15;
            $charge += $fee;
            $charge *= $taxrate;

thats is what i have so far and it is not working.

Any suggestions?

I would really appreciated.

Thanks