News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Moved from Zen-cart: first phpshop

Started by avi, November 21, 2004, 08:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avi

Hi all -

After having a lot of difficulty with Zen-Cart, having to customize non-product pages, I decided to move to mambo+phpshop.

Zen-cart is very flexible and has a lot of features that may be good for osCommerce fans. but for my client, we were looking for a more \"familiar\", cleaner, simple look, and a non-osCommerce look.

Mambo was perfect for this... and phpShop was the perfect component..

Please comment on my site - and what I can do to improve it. Additionally, I need some help finishing the payment and shipping aspects of phpShop (I can pay a little).

old (zen-cart) : http://newlinesafety.com
new (phpShop) : http://onlinesafetystore.com/mos

Thanks in advance  :lol:

-Avi

EDIT: added url tags

Post edited by: avi, at: 2004/11/21 08:40

Danny Locksmith

Your site looks great and works quickly !

What sort of help fo you need with your payment and shipping configuration?

Post your requirements in a little more detail and you will probably get the help you need....

avi

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy lately.

@dlocksmith - I recognize your avatar from TurtleTimes - are you Kiz there?

how do the credit card transactions work? my client already has a merchant account from his existing company.

will he need to get an e-commerce merchant account from Authorize.net?
what are the necessary steps to beging accepting credit cards?

I've been very busy lately - and this ecommerce site just isn't finishing as soon as we would like.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

I'm also willing to pay someone (with experience) for finishing up the:

1. credit card acceptance.
2. shipping module.

like i said, I'm very busy now, and I don't have as much time.

Danny Locksmith

I have nothing to do with turtles. I deny it all

However,
There are many payment options with many providers. So long as you pick one which already works it is trivial to set up. Your existing merchant account may be with a company who also operate on line processing. Cost is the main issue!

Shipping can be awkward. I have sent you my email address. Give me more details and I will see if I can help.

oscar

when adding a product in cart and then click the product you have in the cart you get...

Given filename does not exist. Cannot find file:shop.flypage.php Error Type: Page Does Not Exist  

other than that nice clean site

avi