News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM forum and manual stinks!

Started by togalounge, November 19, 2008, 15:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togalounge

I getting pretty tried of VM manual and this forum.

There's tons of unanswered questions in the forum!

Simple things like 2 or more currencies is apparently a major hack and not standard in VM. Hallo, lots of stores sell worldwide and need USD, EURO and more show with their products!

The manual is incomplete and useless!

The editor in VM can only do small things, most things need some form of coder to do. I'm not a coder and don't know how to write database stuff.

I'm just fed up....

Anyone want to comment? Please let me know if it's just me??!!

RolandD

Regards,

RolandD

CSVI
http://www.csvimproved.com/

togalounge

Oh yeah, really good answer...
You helped me sooooo much xxxxx :-X

inmortal

Im kind of new to both joomla and virtuemart, been setting up a site the last month that are ready to deploy in some weeks.
This is in my spare time.

I can agree with you that there are lots of unanswered questions in the forum, but in the other hand. Have never had a question that didn't already have an answer in an other thread. Thats why the search function is invented i guess =).

Have a multi-language site (swedish, english with joomfish) with four currencies (SEK, GBP, Euro and USD) and the only problem I encountered was a paypal bug, wish was well documented with several questions and answers on this forum. The conversions works perfectly with standard module

When it comes to the editor, isn't that depending on what you've installed in joomla, I've used JCE for all articles and product info. And as far as I recall is already installed in the bundle package.

Tried out both OsCommerce (try customizing that) and ZenCart (bad admin interface). Joomla/vm both as content management system and as webshop are the best combination I've tried so far.

Well, that's just my opinion.
Barnkläder på nätet | Kidzstuff.se

belindab

IMHO this is no worse than any of the other OS forums. You get what you pay for.... There are lots of answers here, but it can take some digging. Joomla had me tearing my hair out for a few weeks when I started, but for the most part VM has been straightforward.

Tip: Try using Google to search for what you want,it often turns up a forum post that the search here doesn't easily find.

We all have to help out here - If you figure something out that's been bugging you - post the answer so that we all benefit.