News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

MAJOR site launched using mambo-phphop

Started by Steve, December 03, 2004, 00:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

First of all, let me thank Soeren and the entire community for all the time and hard work put into \"mambo-phpshop.\"  I see more and more the necessity and value of the open source community!

Now - on to the good news!

I am am a principle member of an ecommerce/web development company in Colorado Springs.  We recently were approached by a very large manufacturing & inventing corporation in Hong Kong to bring their already well-known products direct to the US consumer via online sales.  

We searched for the best shopping cart solution for this project, and initially purchased a license for a commercial product ($1900 US) because it SEEMED to be the best option out there.  Shortly after aquiring the software, we realized that it was vastly inadequate for our purposes.  We, of course, were limited to their pre-installed options, could not create a custom payment gateway (as they promised we could), and on and on.  We had to find a solution FAST that was both scalable, highly customizable, and very stable.  We had used mambo-phpshop in the past for very small sites, so we thought \"Why not!?\"

We evaluated Mambo - hands down the best CMS option available, and VERY stable.  We then evaluated mambo-phpshop - hands down the best shopping system for Mambo currently available, and it was just what we needed.

Our company commissioned Erich Vinson (erichthewebguy) to do the additions, tweaks, edits, adjustments, and bugfixes to mambo-phpshop (we're using 1.2 beta-3).  I'm sure you've seen many of Erich's posts and discussions in the forums.  Erich was able to do absolutely anything we requested (I'll have to get a full listing of his edits/tweaks from him) and mambo-phpshop was HIGHLY configurable and scalable.  Of course, all of the adjustments made are being released to the community - so everybody wins here!!

After much testing, re-testing, adjusting, and testing, we are PROUD to announce the launch of http://www.buyinnovation.com - using mambo-phpshop.  

The is the OFFICIAL online outlet for products from the following brand names:
- SeaDoo (SeaScooter personal water propellers)
- Hummer (accessories for the SUV popular in the USA)
- Angler Tools (sonar-based fishing accessories)
- Electronic Bartender (handheld bartending computer)

New products will be continually added to the site as the months progress.

We believe this is a big win for the mambo-phpshop and the open source community!!  This proves that open source is a viable (and often superior) option for even large corporations and large e-commerce sites.  Thank you again for making this possible!!

Steve Martin

ECommerce Rep, LLC
and
Floating Point Media, Inc.

Rusty

swim bike run

Keng Tay

How do you put the Verisign logo on the left hand corner?

Steve

I created a custom module and inserted the code Verisign gave me.  It actually pulls from their servers and won't show up unless your site is actually secured by them.  :)

Keng Tay

Do you have the module or can you show me how to do it?

Steve

Sure - here's how you do it...

With Mambo 4.5.1 (don't think you can do this with older versions of Mambo) - go to Modules > Site Modules - and click on \"New\" (top right of screen).  It then gives you the parameters/details page for your new module.  Just enter the code from Verisign in the \"Content\" box - name your module - publish it - you're DONE!

That's the great thing about the new Mambo version - you can create a module with anything in it that you want - a picture, code, text - whatever.  It comes in REALLY handy  B)

fhamerica

Congratulations! I am very impressed! with the web site. Work well done, I have gone exactly thru the same problem with an ASP version and I am very seriously thinking about Mambo-phpshop! Lookig at your store brightened my eyes!!

If you post some of the templates I will like to know.

karena

Ok i see how you put the logo on your website, but i'm not certain how you actually integrated verisign with phpshop.  How did you set up verisign as a payment processor?

abfchgirlx

Can you tell me where you first started to customize the site after you designed the template?

koolman

Quote from: karena on May 23, 2005, 23:03:50 PM
Ok i see how you put the logo on your website, but i'm not certain how you actually integrated verisign with phpshop.  How did you set up verisign as a payment processor?

They are using Verisign as their SSL certificate authority not their payment processor.

By the way VERY NICE SITE!!

digical

I just tried to access it and it says "Under Construction".

-rg

guilliam

http://www.buyinnovation.com/index.htm

^^ too bad,, still under contruction. excited to see it though.

guilliam
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.
^^If u read that in $GREEN, Argh!! u missed the HIGHLIGHTS and all the FUN!
www.joomlaconsultancy.net  |  www.astang.com

mosey

Google cache gives a very very rough idea of what the site looked like on one page (without the CSS adjustments nor the images however as the usual Google cache goes) It is unfortunate that http://www.archive.org did not have a copy of the site either.
Back again! :) September 12th 2006

Don't worry about absolute urls! If you move your images around you can use this to update your database links!

Why not join the virtuemart IRC channel at #virtuemart on chat.freenode.net?

marieke

Your great site is still under construction.

How come????

Steve

Sorry - shoulda updated this a while ago.  After the site making a ton of money for our customer, they freaked out about the logistics of being based in Hong Kong and selling SeaScooters in the USA online, so they shut it down.  Oh well. :(

So - sorry to all of those who are still checking on it, but it's not coming back ever again, as far as I know.