Author Topic: NO CSS applied in Virtuemart Admin, frontend side  (Read 27110 times)

vjtemplates

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
    • VJ Templates
Re: NO CSS applied in Virtuemart Admin, frontend side
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 21:50:48 pm »
If necessary, manually add it to your template index.php. That way you can comfortably use SEF.
VirtueMart Templates

http://www.vjtemplates.com

klaasm

• Beginner
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 20:44:01 pm »
Hello I've installed Joomla 1.5.14 then installed VM 1.1.3 (manually).
I've created an extra user (storemanager) who has to be able to use the frontend admin function to add products etc.
I've used the following article to add this extra user : http://www.packtpub.com/article/creating-and-managing-user-groups-in-joomla-virtuemart?utm_source=rk_joomla_comm_abr4_0409&utm_medium=content&utm_campaign=ramsai

The Admin link appears when the "storemanager" logs in but when I open this link the sidemenu is not shown in the VM admin panel. (see attachment)

The correct admin controlpanel only appears if the user is member of the "storadmin" group?

Global Settings:
Search Engine Friendly URLs :No
Use Apache mod_rewrite :No
Add suffix to URLs :No

Any suggestions on why this is not working ?
Joomla : 1.5.14
Virtuemart : 1.1.3
Template : Mynxx

joelseneque

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 09:07:12 am »
All you need to do is add the css links in the index2.php file found on the root directory. Go to the top of the page and add in something like:

Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript" src="/includes/js/joomla.javascript.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/system/js/mootools.js"></script>
<script src="components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&amp;subdir[0]=/themes/default&amp;file[0]=theme.js&amp;subdir[1]=/js&amp;file[1]=functions.js&amp;subdir[2]=/js/admin_menu/js&amp;file[2]=virtuemart_menu.js&amp;subdir[3]=/js/admin_menu/js&amp;file[3]=nifty.js&amp;subdir[4]=/js/admin_menu/js&amp;file[4]=fat.js&amp;subdir[5]=/js/extjs2&amp;file[5]=yui-utilities.js&amp;subdir[6]=/js/extjs2&amp;file[6]=ext-yui-adapter.js&amp;subdir[7]=/js/extjs2&amp;file[7]=ext-all.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL = "components/com_virtuemart/js/extjs2/images/default/s.gif";</script>
<link href="components/com_virtuemart/fetchscript.php?gzip=0&amp;subdir[0]=/themes/default&amp;file[0]=theme.css&amp;subdir[1]=/themes/default&amp;file[1]=admin.styles.css&amp;subdir[2]=/js/admin_menu/css&amp;file[2]=menu.css&amp;subdir[3]=/js/extjs2/css&amp;file[3]=ext-all.css&amp;subdir[4]=/js/extjs2/css&amp;file[4]=xtheme-gray.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="administrator/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link href="administrator/templates/khepri/css/template.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

This code i found on my actual virtuemart backend page

lenaty

• Beginner
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 08:00:13 am »
Hey, I too have been searching for a while and repeatedly given up...

My problem was that I wanted the background & buttons on the frontend admin to not inherit the styles of the template.css

I've tried all of the suggestions, but none of them worked...

but I managed to get something to work today and so far it doesn't seem to clash with anything else so give this a go:

in your template.css

.ext-strict body {
   background:#FFF;
   width:100%;
   min-height:800px;
   color:#333333;
}

You can then style the buttons the same way. Just add the .ext-strict class in front of whatever items you want to style.

Please post up a message whether this solution works for you or not.

dinoide

• Beginner
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 12:56:31 pm »
I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE PROBLEM of CSS and others as can not create new items from frontend administration regards to have activate SEF in configuration joomla panel.
So... to resolve the problem, just UNMARK the SEF option there! ;)

VirtueMart developers have work to resolve for the next version of product. :o

SEF is important from the Google point of view! So we need it in our VirtueMart sites!! :'(

glazweb

• Beginner
    • L'Atelier Glazweb
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:29 am »
Hello.
Same problem for me : no toolbar in the admin frontend.
As klaasm, I turned off SEF, Apache Rewrite and Add suffix : still not working  >:(

J! 1.5.22 + VM 1.1.15

mindsmonk

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:42 am »
In /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php, add the following:

//hack since template was not getting scripts and css correctly.
$_REQUEST['usefetchscript'] = "0";
//end hack

EDIT!  ACtually, to make this permanent, you need to change the main class file at /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/mainframe.class.php

if( isset( $_REQUEST['usefetchscript'])) {

$use_fetchscript = vmRequest::getBool( 'usefetchscript', true );

vmRequest::setVar( 'usefetchscript', $use_fetchscript, 'session' );

} else {

$use_fetchscript = vmRequest::getBool( 'usefetchscript', true, 'session' );

}
$use_fetchscript=false;// this is the hack!

dglite

• Beginner
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »

Great solution, it worked, we really appreciate your help!

:)