News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paying a Deposit on Invoice

Started by massive40, November 10, 2008, 19:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massive40

Hi fellow Forumers, it appears that my previous post on this subject was placed in the wrong section so apologies for that, anyway, I would like to know if there is some sort of module or mambot that will allow my customers to pay a deposit of the full amount of the invoice, for example sometimes my customers would have to wait around 3 weeks for their items to arrive, so if their total came to £2000 I would like for them to pay 50% of this total and then the remainder upon their order arriving, I usually use Paypal so it would be appreciated if someone could perhaps assist me on this subject whether something like this exists.

Best wishes

Mark

jenkinhill

I know of no such module. The only way I can see to do this would be to use the Purchase Order payment method, so the order is sent to the storeadmin. They can then Reply with a PayPal invoice for the deposit and maybe include additional info such as likely delivery date, and use the same system for the final payment.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum