Author Topic: [SOLVED] Image Issues, Forbidden 403, I'm going crazy!  (Read 2835 times)

knotworking

• Beginner
[SOLVED] Image Issues, Forbidden 403, I'm going crazy!
« on: November 10, 2008, 23:57:37 pm »
I'm in real need of some help. I've been working on finding the cause for this issue for the last three days with no luck. Searched the manuals, forum, and translated every page I could find that looked promising in Google. I have found a few posts that seem to address the problem I am having, but there is no solution.

Main issues:
1. On my products category pages, only 4-6 thumbnail images will load at any given time. All the other product thumbnails will not display. This happens across all categories, in FF and IE.

2. If I try to refresh the page, I 90% of the time get the following message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If I hit refresh a few more times, the page will load, but will again only display a few of the product thumbnails.

The very strange thing is that this issue does not present itself on all computers, I have tested it on several other machines with diverse results (some do not replicate the errors, others do but more images loading), even computers that are on the same network. The most troubling part of it is that the client I am building the cart for is having the same level of issues as me (403 errors and images not loading). I am trying to explain what is happening to them, but I really have no clue.

I do not have SEF enabled or any SEO comps installed (J! 1.5.7 and VM 1.1.2)

I have cleared browser caches, restarted, and cleared cookies with no luck.

I was thinking that it could be the server not feeding the images fast enough, but I have several j! 1.5 installs serving dozens of images up on gallery pages.

I do not have a "session save path" set in my php.ini file, but I don't think that's an issue (I save the session path to the database).

I'm just stuck, I've done everything I can think to do. Does anybody have any ideas??? Any advice is much appreciated!

knotworking

• Beginner
Re: Image Issues, Forbidden 403, I'm going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 15:27:26 pm »
Sweet Baby's Momma, I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

I inspected the headers that were being returned from the site and noticed that everything just stopped being returned at a certain point with the 403/Forbidden reply. I guessed that this was an Apache issue, went into the httpd.conf and set the following:
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 0
KeepAliveTimeout 15

Restarted Apache, and NO MORE PROBLEMS!!!
GOD, CAN I HAVE THE LAST THREE DAYS OF MY LIFE BACK NOW?!?!

wdsjpk

• Beginner
Re: [SOLVED] Image Issues, Forbidden 403, I'm going crazy!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 11:52:54 am »
I am getting the following error just on accessing
http://virtuemart.net
Is there a problem with the virtuemart server?

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Thanking u in anticipation.

Pitpan

• Beginner
    • κατασκευή ιστοσελίδων