Author Topic: UPS v2.0 (multiple functionality additions)  (Read 236236 times)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
Re: UPS v2.0 (multiple functionality additions)
« Reply #615 on: February 17, 2011, 20:55:40 pm »
1) I port the code to the latest version of VirtueMart so that any security updates or bug fixes made to the core files I modify are also included in my module.

For the most part, the module will work with any recent version of VirtueMart.  But of course, my files will overwrite core files and you could lose security updates.

You can upgrade VirtueMart and the re-apply the module, most of the time it should work.  But it is not something I recommend, because I do not test compatibility for older module versions with every release of VirtueMart.  It may break.

2) Any amount is fine.  The more, the merrier, and the faster I'll release it publicly, but any and all donations are appreciated!  I've received anything from $5 to $50 in the past.

Some modules are released right away because another client has paid for my time to add a feature or port it to the latest VirtueMart.  I will not always need to use the "donation" basis.  But again, the module *should* work with an upgraded VirtueMart, as long as you re-apply the files, and keep in mind that you've probably lost a security update or two by doing so.

I *always* recommend taking a full site backup before any upgrade anyway.  Better yet, make a copy of the site and try the module out on the copy first.  Akeeba backup is a really nice, free component for doing that. I highly recommend it.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

nryan115

• Beginner
« Reply #616 on: February 18, 2011, 05:23:46 am »
Yes I do use Akeeba - its amazing.

I am confused about something. If I donate money to you does that grant me access to download the update privately, or do I still have to wait until enough people (money) donate before I can use it?

You see, I have no problem paying I just do not have any money, but I am sure I can come up with something. I also already have VM 1.1.7. I can see that you spent a lot of time and DO deserve compensation. I am just trying to figure out what I need to do in order to use this soon. Can you clear this up for me?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #617 on: February 18, 2011, 14:13:30 pm »
No waiting.  Once you donate, I'll email you a copy.

-Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

nryan115

• Beginner
« Reply #618 on: February 18, 2011, 15:57:47 pm »
Great I will do that later today. It will not be much. I will try to remember to donate more when my financial situation becomes better.

morris

• Beginner
« Reply #619 on: March 07, 2011, 22:11:09 pm »
 :-\
I installed this plugin and now my 'Admin/Configuration page has no 'Save' option for any of the settings.
Please help. What do I need to do to correct this?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #620 on: March 07, 2011, 22:18:04 pm »
Versions of UPSv2, Joomla, VM?

3rdi4sight

• Beginner
« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2011, 00:17:12 am »
Hello Lowmips:
I'm Getting a massive discrepancy on shipping costs for a product that ships in a 48" x 24" x 24" - 28lb carton. (All other products in shop seem to be accurate) The Customer wholesale quote from their UPS rep is $148.23, what the site is returning is $16.25. Here is the debug info:
Begin Debug-------
Shipment::addPackage() Adding a new unbundled package
Shipment::addPackage() - Package Number: 1
Shipment::addPackage() - Package is Unbundled
Shipment::addPackage() - Maxweight: 70
Package::addItem() - ***** Adding item 206 ("O" Gauge Comet) to package #1 *****
Package::addItem() - Package weight is now: 32.2
Package::query_rates() - Querying for Source: US/80205 , Destination: US/80521, Weight: 32.2
End Debug-------
We have the cost padded so the weight return is a little higher, this is expected. However, what I do not see is accurate info being passed re: the dimensions, which are what kicks this into the high-rate category in the reality of the UPS billing.
VM 1.1.4 on Joomla 1.015. UPS module upsv2.2010.08.10. Can you please offer some assistance? I can send you admin login info if you provide your email to me. Many thanks markt[at]xplore-design[dot]com

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2011, 00:38:15 am »
Hello Lowmips:
I'm Getting a massive discrepancy on shipping costs for a product that ships in a 48" x 24" x 24" - 28lb carton. (All other products in shop seem to be accurate) The Customer wholesale quote from their UPS rep is $148.23, what the site is returning is $16.25. Here is the debug info:
Begin Debug-------
Shipment::addPackage() Adding a new unbundled package
Shipment::addPackage() - Package Number: 1
Shipment::addPackage() - Package is Unbundled
Shipment::addPackage() - Maxweight: 70
Package::addItem() - ***** Adding item 206 ("O" Gauge Comet) to package #1 *****
Package::addItem() - Package weight is now: 32.2
Package::query_rates() - Querying for Source: US/80205 , Destination: US/80521, Weight: 32.2
End Debug-------
We have the cost padded so the weight return is a little higher, this is expected. However, what I do not see is accurate info being passed re: the dimensions, which are what kicks this into the high-rate category in the reality of the UPS billing.
VM 1.1.4 on Joomla 1.015. UPS module upsv2.2010.08.10. Can you please offer some assistance? I can send you admin login info if you provide your email to me. Many thanks markt[at]xplore-design[dot]com

Have you configured the module to declared product dimensions for unbundled products? (main configuration, shipping tab)

3rdi4sight

• Beginner
« Reply #623 on: March 25, 2011, 07:34:53 am »
I have configured the module, per your last response. As mentioned in y original post, the calculation seems to work as expected for all packages except this rather large and heavy package. I still get this massive discrepancy in shipping cost. What to check next?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #624 on: March 25, 2011, 13:00:14 pm »
If it is consistently wrong, you could use the shipping modifier feature to tweak the final price.  Otherwise, it's hard to tell what is going wrong with the limited amount of info you've provided.  Check the XML request/reply as well.

-Reggie

sleepigrl

« Reply #625 on: March 30, 2011, 20:01:53 pm »
Hi Reggie -

I downloaded and installed the free version of your UPS module and it seems to be working well except for one thing.  I don't get the Declared Value cost in the rates.  

In the VM admin, I've checked the "Declare Package Values" box (under admin->config->shipping).  I've also tried selecting the "ship insured" box under the individual product, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.  Is there something else I need to do?  

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2011, 20:14:47 pm »
Can you put the module in debug mode (show extra debug info), and try the checkout as an admin? Email me your findings.

Reggie

sleepigrl

« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2011, 20:20:06 pm »
On it's way - thanks  :)

sleepigrl

« Reply #628 on: March 30, 2011, 23:44:53 pm »
It works perfectly now - thanks Reggie!   

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #629 on: March 30, 2011, 23:46:18 pm »
***************** BUGFIX ****************

Versions affected:
vm115-upsv2.2011.01.13 and higher

Issue:
"Declared Value" option has changed.  Declared value is now part of the Insurance declaration construct in the API.

Fix:
Re-download the affected version.  View the CHANGELOG.txt file to see what files were updated, and apply those udpated files to your installation.