Author Topic: USPS v5 - Bundled and Unbundled shipping  (Read 325027 times)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
Re: USPS v5 - Bundled and Unbundled shipping
« Reply #540 on: February 02, 2012, 18:19:16 pm »
If only zero-weight products are in the cart, and the module attempts to find rates, it will result in an error on the front end.

Reggie

ps thanks =)
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

James Schwartz

• Beginner
« Reply #541 on: February 02, 2012, 21:27:03 pm »
If only zero-weight products are in the cart, and the module attempts to find rates, it will result in an error on the front end.

Reggie

ps thanks =)

I've tested the site with zero-weight products only, and it appropriately skips shipping and goes to payment. Maybe the UPS module is making that happen, but somehow I'm not getting an error on the frontend. :D

blanderson

• Beginner
« Reply #542 on: February 06, 2012, 04:54:12 am »
I've just installed the 'Basic' version of your shipping module and I'm not getting a First Class Mail Parcel rate returned from USPS, but instead I'm getting "Notice: We are unable to ship via USPS at this time. System Error."  Other services such as Priority are returning rates just fine.   I noticed in the USPS Rate Calculation API documentation that a <FirstClassMailType> is required if the Service is FIRST CLASS.  It appears that the <FirstClassMailType> value is not returned in the xml posted to USPS for domestic rates in uspsv5.php.   Could that be the cause of First Class rates not being returned?

update:
In debug mode, I'm not seeing any error messages in the xml results but the First Class rate is not returned.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #543 on: February 06, 2012, 17:21:54 pm »
In the API, the "FirstClassMailType" is only required when specifying a certain subset of service levels.  Since my module ask for ALL services (service=ALL), this is not required.  Post your request/reply XML here.  Be sure to remove your credentials from the request.

Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Morganelia

• Beginner
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2012, 05:37:25 am »
Hi!
I had problems with shipping options on January 1st I install USPSV5.2011-02-09-BASIC and the problem was solved, but now I have the same problem again is that only there are two shipping options (the most expensive) . I have not changed anything in the configuration what could be the problem?. I would appreciate the help you can give me.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #545 on: February 07, 2012, 14:10:20 pm »
Put your shop into debug mode. Post your request/reply XML here.  Be sure to remove your credentials from the request.

Reggie

Morganelia

• Beginner
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2012, 14:58:29 pm »
Hello
Thanks for responding. I was reviewing and comparing the file uspsv5.cfg.php I have in my server, with the original install and there are several differences are the following:

1. I think this line should not be in my file:
Code: [Select]
define ('USPS_SHIP2_TEXT', 'Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery');     
and its presence makes the code sequence in the file, this modified

2. Another difference in my file says:
define ('USPS_SHIP19_TEXT', 'First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Parcel'); and should say
define ('USPS_SHIP18_TEXT', 'First-Class Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Package');
I know that the solution would be to reinstall again, but my question is, why change the file without intervention?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2012, 15:00:20 pm »
USPS changed the service name from "Package" to "Parcel".  It should absolutely read Parcel.

Reggie

blanderson

• Beginner
« Reply #548 on: February 07, 2012, 19:10:44 pm »
Hi and thank you for your help!  Here is the information you requested:

http://Production.ShippingAPIs.com/ShippingAPI.dll?API=RateV4&XML=<RateV4Request USERID="my_user_id" ><Revision /><Package ID="0"><Service>All</Service><ZipOrigination>a_zip_code</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>a_zip_code</ZipDestination><Pounds>3</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Container /><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable> </Package></RateV4Request>
Result:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV4Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>a_zip_code</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>a_zip_code</ZipDestination><Pounds>3</Pounds><Ounces>2</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>2</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService><Rate>19.85</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>19.85</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="23"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery</MailService><Rate>32.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="55"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="56"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Boxes Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>39.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="57"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>52.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="25"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="30"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="31"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>18.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="32"><MailService>Express Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>31.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService><Rate>6.85</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Large Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>15.45</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Medium Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>11.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Box</MailService><Rate>5.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="44"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Legal Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="29"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Padded Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.30</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="38"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="42"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Small Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="40"><MailService>Priority Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt; Window Flat Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>5.15</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService><Rate>6.17</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail&lt;sup&gt;&amp;reg;&lt;/sup&gt;</MailService><Rate>3.73</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>3.55</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV4Response>

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #549 on: February 07, 2012, 20:12:58 pm »
blanderson,
the API is not returning First-Class rates.  I have to assume it is due to your source/destination zip.  You'll need to look your source/destination up in the USPS guide and see if First-Class is available between the two.  Otherwise, you'll need to contact USPS for more help.  My module does not see any matching rates for you, therefore it shows the user a generic error.

Reggie

blanderson

• Beginner
« Reply #550 on: February 09, 2012, 22:23:43 pm »
lowmips,

Thank you for your help.  I've contact USPS tech support and they've said there is no reason on their end that First Class would not be returned.  (shipments are coming from the Atlanta, GA area).  They said it has to be the way the First Class rate is being requested by the shipping module, since all the other rates are being returned just fine. 

Any other ideas?  Thanks!

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #551 on: February 09, 2012, 22:38:49 pm »
Sorry, I don't know what to tell you.  Clearly, First-Class rates (CLASSID="0") are not being returned in the results.  There's really nothing I can do about this on my end (the shipping module).  Try shipping to/from somewhere else, and see if the rates show up.

Reggie

blanderson

• Beginner
« Reply #552 on: February 09, 2012, 22:45:40 pm »
lowmips,

I just tested my xml string with <Service>FIRST CLASS</Service>  and  <FirstClassMailType>PARCEL</FirstClassMailType> and the xml error returned said that First Class Mail has to be 13 ounces or less.  So then I changed <Service> back to All and changed the weight to be 13 ounces and the First Class rate was returned.

blanderson

• Beginner
« Reply #553 on: February 10, 2012, 00:35:02 am »

Reggie

ps thanks =)

I've tested the site with zero-weight products only, and it appropriately skips shipping and goes to payment. Maybe the UPS module is making that happen, but somehow I'm not getting an error on the frontend. :D

I've also implemented this fix for zero-weight products and its working like a charm!  Then I'm using the Standard Shipping module to offer free shipping for products with zero weight so I'm not getting the error message either.  Thanks!

Nathan

« Reply #554 on: February 11, 2012, 22:48:36 pm »
I love your software, and have been using it for a few years.  I have a question.  Do you have any idea why a recent  Canadian shopper (I am based in USA) is not allowed to choose a First-Class Mail® International Package** option when they order?  Did I set something up wrong?

First I turned on debug mode, logged in and used this person’s address for shipping and this is what I got:

Please select a Shipping Method!
Debug: Starting Shipping module: uspsv5
Debug: uspsv5::__construct() - Starting module version 5.2011.02.10
Debug: uspsv5::list_rates() - Starting
Debug: Shipment::addPackage() Adding a new bundled package
Debug: Shipment::addPackage() - Package Number: 1
Debug: Shipment::addPackage() - Package is Bundled
Debug: Shipment::addPackage() - Maxweight: 70
Debug: Package::addItem() - ***** Adding item 28 (Lip Balm) to package #1 *****
Debug: Package::addItem() - Package weight is now: 0.0255 LBS
Debug: Package::addItem() - WARNING - product dimensions assumed to be INCHES
Debug: Package::addItem() - ***** Adding item 8 (Lip Balm) to package #1 *****
Debug: Package::addItem() - Package weight is now: 0.051 LBS
Debug: Package::addItem() - ***** Adding item 26 (M Salve) to package #1 *****
Debug: Package::addItem() - Package weight is now: 0.363375 LBS
Debug: Package::query_rates() - Querying for Source: US/49770 , Destination: CA/N5V 1H3, Weight: 0.363375, Value: 26
Debug: uspsv5::get_rates_array() - Using cached rate for US, 49770, CA, N5V 1H3, 0.363375, 26, 3.3, 3.3, 1.1

The shopper only gets these two choices (not sure why the First-Class Mail® International Package* option is not showing:

USPS Priority Mail® International ($24.25)  -  6 - 10 business days
 USPS Express Mail® International ($30.25)  -  3 - 5 business days

I am using joomla Version 1.5.25
VirtueMart 1.1.9
USPS Shipping module v5.2011.02.10 (only shipping module offered)

USPS Shipping module v5.2011.02.10 configuration
USPS Shipping APU Username: correct
USPS API Server: Production.ShippingAPIs.com
USPS API Path: /ShippingAPI.dll
Package Size: Regular
Tax class: 0
Proxy server: nothing
Weight padding 2%
Handing fee (domestic) .50
Handling Fee (international) 1.00
Machinable Packages: NO
Show deliver days quote: Yes
Report Errors: NO
Show standard shipping options on error or no USPS results? YES
Service Name: USPS

Domestic Service Options
Shipping Method
Express Mail® Hold For Pickup: N
Express Mail®: Y
Express Mail® Flat Rate Envelope: N
Express Mail® Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup: N
Express Mail® Sunday/Holiday Delivery Flat Rate Envelope: N
Express Mail® Legal Flat Rate Envelope: N
Express Mail® Legal Flat Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup: N
Express Mail® Sunday/Holiday Delivery Legal Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail®: Y
Priority Mail® Large Flat Rate Box: N
Priority Mail® Medium Flat Rate Box: N
Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box: N
Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® Legal Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® Small Flate Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® Window Flat Rate Envelope: N
First-Class Mail® Package: Y
First-Class Mail® Large Envelope: N
Parcel Post®: Y
Media Mail®: N
Library Mail®: N
International Service Options
Shipping Method

Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG)**: N
Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Rectangular: N
Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Non-Rectangular: N
USPS GXG™ Envelopes**: N
Express Mail® International: Y
Express Mail® International Flat Rate Envelope: N
Express Mail® International Legal Flat Rate Envelope: N
Priority Mail® International: Y
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box: N
Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box: N
Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box**: N
Priority Mail® International DVD Flat Rate Box**: N
Priority Mail® International Large Video Flat Rate Box**: N
Priority Mail® International Flat Rate Envelope**: N
Priority Mail® International Legal Flat Rate Envelope**: N
Priority Mail® International Padded Flat Rate Envelope**: N
Priority Mail® International Gift Card Flat Rate Envelope**: N
Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Envelope**: N
Priority Mail® International Window Flat Rate Envelope**: N
First-Class Mail® International Package**: Y
First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope**: N

Do you have any suggestions to fix this?

Should I offer another shipping method for my USA and Canadian customer that is more reliable (in the event USPS api is not working, which seems to happen every now and then).  Like flex or standard shipping?

Do you know any way of adding a phone number underneath Shipping choices (Something that says “If these shipping prices seem a bit high please call us”.  It would be nice whenever someone tries to order and there is an error (like cannot connect to USPS server) I am automatically notified.  Do you know of such a program?

Can you recommend any other extensions that would help me resolve and shopping cart abandonment issues?

Do I have my product dimensions entered correctly to use with your USPS module:

Product dimensions:
I use child products.  I have zerod out everything in product dimensions in the main list, and child products have this:
I did not put a length in because I have a round tin, like a hockey puck.
So under item and dimension
Length: 3.25
Width: 3.25
Height: 1.094
Unit of Measurment: Inches
Weight 4.0
Unite of Measure: ounces
Unite Piece
Units in a Package: 1(not sure what this meant)
Unites in a Box: 1 (not sure what this meant)

Thank you for your consideration.  I will make a donation to you.