News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

USPS Module not working with Firefox

Started by Scott Ackerman, September 17, 2008, 00:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Ackerman

I know, I know, you can't believe that something isn't working with FF but it is true. I have both USPS and UPS shipping modules in the following site http://www.rollercoasterhq.com and when you go to check out and the shipping options are displayed, as soon as you 'try' to click one of the USPS radio buttons the selector immediately moves to the UPS modules. There is no way to check a USPS option in FF, but it works fine in IE and Safari etc. I am guessing a javascript conflict but can't figure what the problem is.

UPDATE: I have gone back to the default template (rhuk solarflare), disabled all mambots that depend on 3rd party javascript, disabled all ajax, and the problem still persists. What does it take to get this POS to work correctly? Magento is looking better and better everyday :-(
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

abadab

I am having the same problem.  I tried using the USPS module with some others, including Flex and shipvalue and it worked fine. But when I added the UPS module, I get the same behavior as Scott gets above.  It seems like the UPS module and the USPS module do not work well together in Firefox.

I am using J1.5/VM1.1 and am having the problem on Firefox 2 and 3.  It works fine in IE and Safari, as stated above. I'd appreciate some assistance as this is beyond my technical ability. I really like VirtueMart and this is the first major problem I've had.

Brian

Anyone find a solution for this?  I'm running into the same problem.

rmzinvestors

I fixed this on my site.  Try this...

Edit the file "/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/ups.php".

Move the "</label>" tag from the delivery warning IF statement to the end of that group of IF statements.

Lines 382-385 are originally coded as follows:

if (Show_Delivery_Warning == 1 && !empty($value['RatedShipmentWarning'])) {
$html .= "</label><br/>\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;<em>".$value['RatedShipmentWarning']."</em>\n";
}
$html .= "<br />\n";

Change line 383 to:

$html .= "<br/>\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;<em>".$value['RatedShipmentWarning']."</em>\n";

And change line 385 to:

$html .= "</label><br />\n";

So you should end up with:

if (Show_Delivery_Warning == 1 && !empty($value['RatedShipmentWarning'])) {
$html .= "<br />\n&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;<em>".$value['RatedShipmentWarning']."</em>\n";
}
$html .= "</label><br />\n";

Hope this helps.

tingull

rmzinvestors you are SO awesome for this!  THANKS!!!!