Shipping Rates list - Order List - I'm Confused

Started by vbsouthern, August 03, 2008, 23:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbsouthern

The Facts:
VirtueMart 1.0.15
Joomla! 1.0.15
Apache 2 (Red Hat)
Standard Shipping module with individual configured carriers and rates.

I read through the VirtueMart 1.1 User Manual about Shipping Rates list "Order List" and I am still a bit confused. The customer will have three options:
USPS - Express Mail
USPS - Priority Mail
USPS - Parcel Post
Each will have fifteen possible weights making a total of forty five entries into the Shipping Rates list.

So here is my question.  What exactly am I sorting?  Am I sorting all of the listings 1 - 45?  Or am I sorting how each possible listing will be seen on the page?

For example, if the shipping weight for a bottle of perfume is 1.12 pounds and there will be three choices, Express, Priority and Parcel Post, how should I enter the sort order so Parcel Post is first, Priority is second and Express is third?

Should the sort order for the 15 entries in Parcel Post be ordered 1-15 or should all of them be 1 to be at the top of the three possibilities?

Should the 15 entries for Priority Mail be 1-15 or 16-30 or all set to 2 to be second of the three possibilities?

Should the 15 entries for Express Mail be 1-15 or 31-45 or all set to 3 to be third of the three possibilities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia, and Africa, have long expelled her. Europe regards her like a stranger, and England hath given her warning to depart."

Thomas Paine - Common Sense - 1774

vbsouthern

OK, I found the answer to this. 
The sort order for all Parcel Post should be set to 1 to be first of the three possibilities?

The sort order for all Priority Mail should be set to 2 to be second of the three possibilities?

The sort order for all Express Mail should be set to 3 to be third of the three possibilities?

I hope this helps someone.
"Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia, and Africa, have long expelled her. Europe regards her like a stranger, and England hath given her warning to depart."

Thomas Paine - Common Sense - 1774