News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

order by fails when multiple pages exist

Started by nsw, November 22, 2008, 13:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsw

I've been experiencing some problems with Order By on browse pages.

If a browse pages only has a single page (i.e. content is not paginated/split onto another pages) then the order by drop down box works just fine.

However, as soon as multiple pages exist, the order by drop down fails, producing a badly formed link.

When changing the order by drop down on category with just a single page the following URL is generated which works just fine.

/index.php?orderby=product_cdate&DescOrderBy=ASC&Itemid=142&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=93&manufacturer_id=0&keyword=&keyword1=&keyword2=[/quote]

However, when multiple pages exist the following URL is generated, where it adds the limit and limitstart variables.  For some reason the limit variable is not being passed correctly and instead inserts a repeat of the sites URL.

/index.php?orderby=product_price&DescOrderBy=ASC&Itemid=142&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=120&manufacturer_id=0&keyword=&keyword1=&keyword2=&limit=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.xx.xx%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_virtuemart%26page%3Dshop.browse%26category_id%3D120%26keyword%3D%26manufacturer_id%3D0%26Itemid%3D142%26orderby%3Dproduct_name%26limitstart%3D0%26limit%3D5&limitstart=0[/quote]

The page number navigation work just fine, just the order by fails.

I have been digging around pageNavigation.class.php, browse_orderbyfields.tpl.php and browse_orderbyform.tpl.php but not sure where the problems lies.

Could somebody look at this one and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Nic

jenkinhill

While I don't know the answer to this it would help if you state which versions of Joomla! & VirtueMart you are using.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

nsw

Thanks for the reply.

J1.0.15 and V1.12

this could be a similar problem and possible solution here
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=43726.0
however no mention of multiple pages though

jenkinhill

OK, I have now tested this with Joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.1.2 - it looks like a bug so moving this thread to Quality & Testing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ltempest

I am having the same problem, running VM1.1.2 on J1.5.8 and order by Product Name does not function at all. My client wants this functionality, so I have had to use order by SKU which works perfectly and modify the language file for this to read 'Product Name' rather than SKU in the forntend.

If you need this functionality then change the VM configuration to use order by SKU, turning off product name option, and modify your language file.

Regards

Lee

ugriecu

thi problem is present in all version joomla icluded