Author Topic: /index.php?option=com_user&view=reset => operation aborted, in ie7  (Read 24533 times)

IvoDS

• Beginner
With ie7 I'm having this 'operation aborted' when clicking on "Wachtwoord/Gebruikersnaam vergeten?" ("Password/Username forgotten?" in Login of mod_virtuemart). Pls. have a look at www.borduurwinkeltje.be. Sometimes refresh helps, sometimes not. With ie6 it works a bit better (error occurs only seldomly), and with Firefox no problem at all. Please help. Thanks.

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
Re: /index.php?option=com_user&view=reset => operation aborted, in ie7
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 03:21:15 am »
Welcome, please search the forum this has been asked and answered, it has been fixed in next version of VM.

IvoDS

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:43:08 am »
I really appreciate you quick reply! Thank you very much!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had Joomla 1.5.3 (upgrade done with patch from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4) and VM 1.1.0 (upgrade done with patch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1). But these upgrades did not solve it. Or what do you mean with next version? I had searched the forum and have searched it again, also Googled a lot, but without concrete success. Can you give me a hint? Thanks again!

IvoDS

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 10:24:42 am »
Seems that my Joomla upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 did not succeed. Now it succeeded and the "index.php?option=com_user&view=remind" and "index.php?option=com_user&view=reset" functionality is OK. Though I had to change "Password forgotten?" and "Username forgotten?" into "FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD" and "FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME", in /components/com_user/view/reset/view.html.php and /components/com_user/view/remind/view.html.php (bug in Joomla?).

Ablius

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 12:13:33 pm »
Seems that my Joomla upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 did not succeed. Now it succeeded and the "index.php?option=com_user&view=remind" and "index.php?option=com_user&view=reset" functionality is OK. Though I had to change "Password forgotten?" and "Username forgotten?" into "FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD" and "FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME", in /components/com_user/view/reset/view.html.php and /components/com_user/view/remind/view.html.php (bug in Joomla?).

I have the same problem but unfortunately despite the changes effetualte the site with IE7 continues to have problems, if I please say what has been done thanks.

look please www.artecandele.com

wasifraza

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 18:04:09 pm »
just comment    JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');
in
/components/com_user/view/reset/view.html.php and /components/com_user/view/remind/view.html.php and it will work

IvoDS

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 15:35:44 pm »
I have tried by adding
JHTML::_('behavior.tooltip');
as suggested, but without success.
Maybe I did not put it at the right place in the files.

In the meantime I had already installed the most recent eCommerce bundle, i.e. "VirtueMart_1.1.2_eCommerce_Bundle_Joomla_1.5.6" in a new folder "www.borduurwinkeltje.be/r". Everything worked fine until, I think, I selected 'Tigra Tree' as 'Category display type' in mod_product_categories. If I select Tigra Tree or JSCook it results in 'Operation aborted'. With Link List, dTree and TransMenu, no error. And it doesn't make a difference what module I use to display the product categories: mod_product_categories or mod_virtuemart, with Tigra Tree or JSCook selected, it does not work, otherwise it works fine.

IvoDS

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:42 pm »
Seems I'm not the only one having problems with Tigra tree and JSCook. I finally decided to unplublish mod_product_categories and instead installed swMenuFree component by which I managed to create the module mod_swmenufree. I managed to change function.php file in /modules/mod_swmenufree/ so that it also lists the products (only the published ones) as thumbnails. If I add a category or product, the menu automatically adjusts accordingly. This extension is exactly what I was looking for but could not find, so after struggling with Tigra and JSCook for weeks I finally decided to create/modify a menu for Virtuemart myself. You can have a look at www.borduurwinkeltje.be to see the result. All of my problems I had while Tigra or JSCook were enabled have disappeared now. Operation aborted in IE6/7 does no longer pop up while logged on as Shopper/Super Administrator when clicking on Home or other items of my main menu. And when logged out, also the Password/Username Forgotten etc. works fine now. Conclusion: kick out Tigra and JSCook and all of your problems disappear at once!

Orangeyeti

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 22:05:29 pm »
Thanks for the tip.
I just disable JSCook and it all works fine again

ewhitaker

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 13:20:26 pm »
Same here - disabled JSCook and all is well!  Thanks for the info!