Author Topic: Any experienced user can help me please? I need....  (Read 2243 times)

_BRI_

• Beginner
Any experienced user can help me please? I need....
« on: July 15, 2008, 20:05:10 pm »
a solution for audio files download for subscribers to the service with paypal integration. Can I do this with virtuemart?

It is easy with oscommerce but I need a more flexible solution like joomla-virtuemart.

excuse my bad english
thanks

willowtree

• Willow Tree Crafts
Re: Any experienced user can help me please? I need....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:11:02 am »
a more descriptive title would help,

you can do this, make vm only accessable to registered users (subscribers) and make your products downloadable. See the manual for details,
Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

FrankA

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 12:31:20 pm »
That only prevents them seeing the menu, they can still get to the products via a search engine or having a url to any product.

willowtree

• Willow Tree Crafts
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:24:07 pm »
it depends on how you manage your subscribers. If you don't allow automatic approval of registrations, people won't be able to go through the checkout without an approved account
Please add your VM and Joomla Version to your signature to make it easier to help you:

Most of my code posted in the forum is for VirtueMart 1.0  -  not for 1.1

akerman

• Knowledge weighs Nothing!
    • STOLT/AKERMAN
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 16:13:57 pm »
Since Joomla!, as well as its component VM piggybacks on Apache Web server, the Apache security instructions will make excellent bedtime reading!  :D

Seriously, in order to protect your Downloadable products in VM, you do not put them in your www/ path. You set aside one or more directories above your www root.
The pointer inside the VM web application points out the specific file related to each individual download and attach a code to that relation. For a user to access such file, without access code, he/she would need FTP access to your hosting service.

_BRI_ I agree with willowtree. You can do this in VM. I think VM has a lot of advantages in comparison with osCommerce, ZenCart and other similar free-standing shops. (Yes I've used them...).

The manual exists, but you'll probably find this forum more helpful when going into the nitty-gritty parts of the application.

Also check this forum a bit further, since one of the members found a way to present a presumptive customer with a way to listen to a piece before buying. Could maybe be interesting for you?

And like willowtree said; please write more descriptive titles in the future, thanx!  ;)   

Regards
Akerman
http://STOLT-AKERMAN.com - Web & Design agency. Speshitpillt in e-shop, ecommerce and marketing.
http://InfoClip.se - Swedish Antique & Used Books & Art Shop.
http://AkermansCove - Personal Portfolio
Ubuntu LAMP / Joomla 1.5.22 / VM 1.1.6 / JoomFish Contributor / Developer / Designer