Author Topic: [SOLVED] Incomplete Checkout Bar  (Read 3497 times)

rewind

• Beginner
[SOLVED] Incomplete Checkout Bar
« on: June 19, 2008, 01:40:45 am »
I am stumped. In the checkout process, I cannot get past the first step: Shipping Address. Clicking on the "Next" button would redirect me to the frontpage instead of to the "Ship Methods" page. Anyone know how to fix this?

Admin -> Configuration:
Selected shipping methods: Flex Shipping and standard shipping model
"Enable the Checkout Bar" is checked. So are steps 1 and 2. Steps 3 and 4 are grayed out and unselectable.

This is my first time setting up a VirtueMart installation. Joomla 1.5.3 and VirtueMart 1.1.0.

rewind

• Beginner
Re: Incomplete Checkout Bar
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:01:33 am »
Fixed it. Turned out that the theme was not displaying the component because it thought it was the frontpage.

crittle1

Re: [SOLVED] Incomplete Checkout Bar
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:40:12 am »
Can you explain it further. Maybe how you fixed it. I'm having the exact same problem. (Sorry, not too familiar with virtuemart.)

Thanks!!

rewind

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:15:37 am »
It's been too long and I kinda forgot exactly what the solution was. And honestly, I doubt I'm doing things "the joomla way" since I haven't been able to talk to anybody on joomla forums.

Anyways, if I recall correctly, in my theme index.php, there is a condition check to display different content only on the frontpage. I had to explicitly exclude virtuemart:

<?php if(JRequest::getVar('view') != 'frontpage' || JRequest::getVar('option') == 'com_virtuemart') { ?>
  <jdoc:include type="component" />
<?php } else { ?>
  // Frontpage content here
<?php } ?>

crittle1

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:24:20 am »
lol, that's cool. I found this link
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=29012.0
and I just had to set my phpsessions folder to 777.

Thanks for the reply!!