Author Topic: Product Image Feed...XML?  (Read 1895 times)

gcoulson

• Beginner
    • Gavin Coulson | MOTION | STATIC | WWW
Product Image Feed...XML?
« on: June 11, 2008, 01:42:23 am »
Hi,

I'm knee deep in my first Joomla/Virtuemart website, and all is going remarkably well, largely in part thanks to the excellent documentation and knowledge available on these forums.  I've been reading and searching for the better part of a week now and have found every answer I've needed.  Until now of course (and even now, I may just be going blind from reading too much text online).

Now this may be a very basic operation.  I'm definitely more of a designer than a coder. What I am trying to achieve is an XML to be generated every time the products are updated.  The three bits of info I need to be included in this xml file are as follows:

1. Product Thumbnail location/url
2. Product page url
3. Which Category the product belongs to, although this could possibly be dealt with by utilizing multiple XML files, one per category?

I am using the combo install of Virtuemart and Joomla: Joomla 1.5.3 eCommerce Edition.  The project is fairly straightforward from a product organization standpoint.  I'm building the site for a friend of mine who is a jewelry designer, and only has <20 products per category, and at any one time only 2 or 3 categories (spring, fall collections).  What I'm doing is setting up a flash thumbnail slider that would be populated by this XML file and be persistent throughout the browsing experience, from the category level to the individual product level.  The slider is built and awaiting an XML feed!

Any help is very, very much appreciated.