News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Paypal landing page changes regularly

Started by hazu, July 02, 2006, 22:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazu

I just noticed that the first page in Paypay that users see after placing the order in Virtuemart changes regularly.

One time it is a page where users are presented two options: on the left side whether they want to pay with credit card, and on the right whether they want to pay with their Paypal account.

On other times, the page asks to login in Paypal, and only gives one botton to click when a user does not have a Paypal account.

I have no clue as what triggers these pages to change. I would like it to be the first option, but currently my users receive the second :(

Even more anoying news I received from a customer: when he chose Switzerland as his country of location, the language of the form changed to German. Now, this guy did not speak German. Is there a way of turning this change of language off?
This customer also complained that after filling out all credit card details, he was redirected to a page stating that he should pay with Paypal... I do not have to explain you that we lost this customer, as he was frustrated with the payment problems.

Does anyone have similar problems, and are there suggestions for solutions?

Cheers,

Han

Matjong

I have noticed the same problems with payments in different languages... Anyone can help with this one?

dhecker

gregdev

I've found that when the user has a PayPal cookie set (because they've paid with PayPal before), they will not see the credit card side. Clearing PayPal cookies seems to fix things - until the user pays with PayPal again. I don't know of a programmatic way to fix this.

For some languages/countries, you can use the lc variable in your PayPal configuration code (you can lookup values for lc on the PayPal site). Unfortunately, for some countries that have multiple official languages, the lc variable doesn't appear to work as desired.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

profotograf

I run a site that is solely in ENGLISH, and no matter what I do, when my customers go to checkout, the PayPal page AUTOMATICALLY comes up in GERMAN.

Most of my customers freak out since they are American and have no idea what a foreign language is, some even close the window and break their orders because of it.

I have looked thru everything trying to figure out why this is happening.  My PayPal account is listed as being in the ENGLISH so that english is taken as the main language when I log-into PayPal myself - nothing is in German.  I looked thru the payments section of VM and find no place to identify that GERMAN is needed for the customer to use PayPal, and there is no "Language" variable anywhere in the site.

Can ANYONE tell me how to stop this from happening?  My site is growing rapidly and is getting hundreds of clients, and if every couple stop buying stuff because PayPal is coming up in GERMAN, that is a big deal for me.

Please help!

Antonio Rodriguez
PoserAddicts.com

helpinghand

profotograf I have the same problem!! Have you solved it?