News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Looking for integration with "Virtual Merchant"

Started by JackBauer, May 19, 2008, 02:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackBauer

Please, if anyone wants to give me some quotes on a payment module, contact me right away.

This is the website of the payment processor: https://www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchant/supportlandingvisitor.do#_self

Please let me know how much it would be and how long it will take.

webuddha

I am about to write one if I can't find it in the next 24 hours.  Have you found it?  If not, I can pass it onto you when we're done.

webbits

Please add me to the list.  This is new to me and I would appreciate help in integrating Virtual Merchant with VirtueMart.

kevinrice

I need this plugin asap.  Please if anyone has obtained it, please, please contact me.

E30Motorsports

Touche, I am in need of this.  I am awaiting signing up till I get this.

webuddha

I've got it tested in vm1.1.0 and am testing in v1.0.15 tomorrow (hopefully).  I should have this ready for you guys by next week.

So far it's working with the CCSALE transaction method, and I wrote the code to perform the CVV and AVS checks, but the VOID feature is getting rejected from the server - maybe one of you can tell me why that may be.

According to the documentation, Virtual Merchant will accept the following:

Credit Card Transaction Types
  Sale(CCSALE)
  Auth Only(CCAUTHONLY)
  Credit(CCCREDIT)
  Force(CCFORCE)
  Balance Inquiry(CCBALINQUIRY)

I talked with the people at Elavon and they informed me that if I run a CCAUTHONLY, it is the same as running a CCSALE - the difference is that the money will release after 7 days if that transaction is not "batched".

So what I've tried is running the CCSALE - ok - and then check the CVV / AVS response codes - ok - and then try to run a CCCREDIT to cancel the transaction - I get an error... Something about feature not available - I can post the exact transaction messages tomorrow.

Any Ideas?

webuddha

So I guess no-one has any ideas? Thanks for all your help Guys!! ;-)

Anyway - performing the final tests tomorrow on both installation 1.5 and 1.0.15 and I'll package them up for the group.

Cheers

bob

hey, i'd love to help out if I can but it seems you may have already caught the bug? post the transaction messages if you still need to...

this is perfect timing for me, if you have this module - I think you are the first one so far to develop and integration between virtual merchant and virtuemart... please include me in the group, i can test and help out if you'd like.

big thanks!

knerr

I am very eager and willing to test this as well.  Thanks a ton. 
Matthew

webbits

Duh...I did not know this was an option.  I am also willing to run test and can make time this weekend to do so.

bob

any updates yet? let me know - i could probably help debug if needed... but would have to see what's going on with your code.

webuddha

Ok guys - the day has finally come - I just spent the last 8 hours testing the hell out of these things - there are some concerns with the CREDIT portion. I talked with two different Elavon techs today and they are pretty useless - they basically told me that I can't VOID/CREDIT a payment that has a bad CVV / AVS response, yet the CREDIT transaction seems to work and is posting... You will need to play with the class and just see for yourself.

I've spent 2 hours writing all the notes for the class, so take your time and read them to be comfortable with the issues I've run into. Let me know if there's anything I may have overlooked. As it stands, this thing seems to be ready to go and working on both VM v1.1.0 and VM v1.0.15.

Attached is the package containing all the notes and both installations.

Good Luck!! Let me know your progress...

Godspeed

David Hunt
Webuddha.com
Holodyn.com

[attachment deleted by admin]

webbits

Thank you for your diligence and hard work.  I will take a look today and see if i can begin "testing" Monday - with my skill level i will be banking on "beginners luck"!

webbits

bob

Awesome David! Glancing over all documents and code now, and I must commend you on your excellent documentation. Very organized and clear... thanks quite kindly and I'll let you know how it goes.  ;-)

bob

so far, so good, except one glitch I encountered when adding the payment method, I got a php error referring to file: ps_virtualmerchant.php on line 69 (had problem with lang), but since I only have english speaking customers right now, I just modified line 69 and hardcoded it from:

require(CLASSPATH ."payment/".$this->classname."/lang.".$mainframe->getCfg('language').".php");

to:

require(CLASSPATH ."payment/".$this->classname."/lang.en-GB.php");

then hit refresh and Voila!

Also, if you're using Joomla 1.0, I discovered it definitely worth the upgrade to VirtueMart v.1.1.0 (if you're still using VM 1.0.x), as David mentioned. Its been enhanced quite and so far looks a lot better on interface.