Recommend Email button under Ask Question

Started by kywolf, April 30, 2008, 20:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kywolf

I am using Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.  I am using flypage-ask.tpl.php and I would like to know how I could add a button under the "Ask a question about this product" button that does the function of the recommend this product.

Meaning, take the email button in the top right and turn it into a button that looks just like the "Ask a question about this product" button and is directly beneath it.  It would also be great if the "Ask a question about this product" button could be a pop-up as well.

Any ideas?  I think a lot of people could put this idea to good use.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kywolf

That's what I need to know.  What do I need to edit?  I know I somehow have to replace this<?php echo $ask_seller ?> but how do I basically turn the envelope into that button?

The buttons.tpl.php didn't get me anywhere and the shop.ask.... didn't help either,   As you can see I know I need to edit the template and some php pages, I just don't know which ones and what I need to edit.

I do appreciate your reply.  I imagine they're rolling in like crazy!

jenkinhill

I'm not a PHP programmer - I can generally work out where to look but not how to.....  I have no problem with XHTML & CSS but that is not much use in this case.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
16-7+3:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview