Discount codes?

Started by apc, April 29, 2008, 22:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apc

Does VM support discount codes?

For example, can I send a group of people a discount code which they can enter at checkout to automatically receive a 10% discount from the retail price?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

apc

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 30, 2008, 10:47:29 AM
Yes
See the user manual

Thanks - I was actually looking for the User Manual.

One thing is not clear - can I apply coupons on a "per product" basis, or can it only apply to an entire checkout?

jenkinhill

It is the entire product range. But There are other ways, such as assigning certain customers to a shopper group for which special prices are set up on some products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

apc

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 30, 2008, 23:29:27 PM
It is the entire product range. But There are other ways, such as assigning certain customers to a shopper group for which special prices are set up on some products.

Thanks.

That would not work in the case of a promotion for examle where you do not know who the shoppers are.

Is there any other way of doing this - it seems like a reasonable function in that very often individual products, e.g. new products are promoted without extending the discount to the entire product range.

jenkinhill

I came across this plugin this morning - I have no idea if it will work for VM1.1 but maybe worth asking the developer?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
7+4+3:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview